GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Even more troubling than not going far in the playoffs this year is the future of this team. Nuke is a huge part of this team and his situation is gonna be so difficult for the Avs management to figure out. I mean what do you do with him for real?

Can’t buy him out
Can’t trade him
Can’t really give him another chance
Don’t think contract can be terminated, maybe it can what do I know?

Also is Landy ever gonna play again? I was hoping Avs would win another cup with this core but I’m starting to have doubts.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Aaa..

Are you saying them getting further demoralized doesn't matter? Letting in a softie every game is okay? He's not the major problem, but trying to act like he's not a problem isn't going to win us shit. Everyone on this team needs to look in the mirror and turn on the coach.

I don't think he's been great this season but he's been giving them a chance to win with the exception of game 1 against the Jets. The team came out tonight playing like they were demoralized, I don't think that 3rd goal made it any worse than it already was through the first 30 minutes.

I get he hasn't been a great goalie but I don't think he's been the problem in this series. The guys in front of him have been a no show since game 2 started.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
This is why it's so important to really cherish when you're able to watch your team win it all. Who would've thought 2 years ago that we had seen Landy play for likely the last meaningful time or that Nuke was going to go down the path he has.

It's not over yet but it's hard to see game 5 not being a complete blowout. Going to be a very interesting summer for the Avs that's for sure. Can't plan on either Landy or Val to be part of the roster next year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
This is why it's so important to really cherish when you're able to watch your team win it all. Who would've thought 2 years ago that we had seen Landy play for likely the last meaningful time or that Nuke was going to go down the path he has.

It's not over yet but it's hard to see game 5 not being a complete blowout. Going to be a very interesting summer for the Avs that's for sure. Can't plan on either Landy or Val to be part of the roster next year.
And people wonder why I went on a 2 week bender after.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Even more troubling than not going far in the playoffs this year is the future of this team. Nuke is a huge part of this team and his situation is gonna be so difficult for the Avs management to figure out. I mean what do you do with him for real?

Can’t buy him out
Can’t trade him
Can’t really give him another chance
Don’t think contract can be terminated, maybe it can what do I know?

Also is Landy ever gonna play again? I was hoping Avs would win another cup with this core but I’m starting to have doubts.
I have been seriously doubting Landy will play again. And if he manages to, he won't be the old Landy.

This recuperation regimen has been a pipe dream.

Reactions: the_fan

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
How and what they have been conditioned (taught) to play is not working against Dallas.

And they don't know what else to do. This is where you need a coach who can adjust to new conditions on the fly.

Bednar is NOT that guy.

And these guys know it. Hence they know they are ef'd.
Coach, was thinking about this. About to ask you this question and you answered it.

BTW, also concur with your take.

Be an interesting question for MacK rn. I just keep seeing the 'do your fecking job' slide off the bench moment cycle in my head.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Need a goalie, need Val to term his contract, need Drouin back, need another winger, and some depth D

But more than anything, gimme a new coaching staff. The special teams are dogshit and I would like to see some motherf***ing adjustments for once in my life jesus christ please
I rather not fire anyone yet, but the penalty killing has been an absolute nightmare and I've watched Nucks against the Oilers level of brutality in PKing. Every PP looked like a sure goal for Dallas when we had Nuke, who is one of the best PKers, witness how it looked today without him.

Reactions: katfude

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
The team just looks lifeless. I remember the team playing their hearts out in game 5 against Nashville with half the skill this team has.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I don't think he's been great this season but he's been giving them a chance to win with the exception of game 1 against the Jets. The team came out tonight playing like they were demoralized, I don't think that 3rd goal made it any worse than it already was through the first 30 minutes.

I get he hasn't been a great goalie but I don't think he's been the problem in this series. The guys in front of him have been a no show since game 2 started.
I'm not saying he's the main problem. But acting like he not a problem, is counterintuitive. We need a goalie that doesn't let in floaters from the point every game. If you're just going to allow that kind of shit, what's the point of swooning when he makes a big save? The results are the same.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
In my defense, Oettinger is not the one who’s beating the Avs. He’s been solid but Avs have been playing like shit all series and per usual, we get key injuries and troubled players on drugs
IMO Otter has been great.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
This may sound melodramatic but I've never been more disappointed as a fan of this team in my entire life. I didn't just lose a lot of respect for these guys as hockey players but as men as well.

To have absolutely zero push back, to cave the second things get tough, to have zero pride in your work ethic, to give up literally before the game starts.. it's literally the exact opposite to what my parents instilled into me and that I'm trying to pass onto my kids. "Oh you got a C on that math quiz? Well I guess you better just pout and not try on the next one. Trying is pointless since you'll just fail anyways". Absolute loser mentality.

I know it's "just a game" and my life will go on tomorrow but I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever questioned why type of human beings are on this team. What kind of men are you? Because that was pathetic.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Just have to settle with being the Capitals I guess. Only get past the 2nd round once but won it all. Could be worse!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad