GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
We can be pissed off all we want and this will hurt the Avs for sure, but if the guy is really dealing with an addiction, all you can do is hope he gets help and beats it. Addiction is not an easy thing to over come
1. Nuke has refused help multiple times, even to the point of trying to stop being forced into rehab.

2. Nuke has every resource available to him. Stuff that any addict wanting to get over their addiction could ever dream of... yet wants nothign to do with it.

3. Nuke has to be the one to want it. Until he does, and there should have been many wake up calls... there is nothing anybody else can do.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I was so hyped for tonight's game and now I feel so down. I guess we need Mack and Rants to go super saiyans for the rest of the playoffs.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
1. Nuke has refused help multiple times, even to the point of trying to stop being forced into rehab.

2. Nuke has every resource available to him. Stuff that any addict wanting to get over their addiction could ever dream of... yet wants nothign to do with it.

3. Nuke has to be the one to want it. Until he does, and there should have been many wake up calls... there is nothing anybody else can do.
That's very sad to hear. :(

This won't end well, if this is the case.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Thread is live and I’m not caught up—what do the different stages mean?
1000034914.jpg

Arch angel

Nov 24, 2023
Montana
I just don't see it unless Dallas also loses a star player somehow. We needed Nuke's big frame for dirty goals. We have no one else like that except.... Landy....
yeah - I know, Dallas is very dialed in. If we win ONE more - it will be because someone or a few bring it to a new level. Georgiev needs to be one of them.

Reactions: sethro109

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver

Yes. Biggest thing is he must want to change. Even then it’s hella hard to control.

But if he doesn’t want to change or stop then nothing externally will really help.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Thread is live and I’m not caught up—what do the different stages mean?

My understanding is... .Stage 1 is typically silent and done in the offseason at the player's choice of facility. Stage 2 is both parties 'agreeing' to rehab in a dictated facility. Stage 3 is without pay and inpatient rehab.

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I guess the way the team reacts tonight will say a lot about what the rest of the boys knew.

If they go all out and play hard then it's probably that they knew he was struggling and they harbor no ill will.

If they are all disjointed and shit then they probably didn't know and this has f***ed their chemistry.

I'm sure they are disappointed but vals been with the team for a while and they are a pretty tight knit group. I doubt they want him fired to the sun, they probably want the best for him even if the timing of this f***ing sucks again.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We still have good enough top 6 if Drouin is back, everyone just needs to pick up and be much better. Lehky has been quiet in this series, he needs to be much better. Mikko needs to be better etc..

Reactions: Arch angel

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Bingo.

You look at Sam Girard, he was the exact opposite.

This piece of shit organization actually tried to stop him from going to rehab. They were willing to work with him outside of the program, anything to avoid the publicity.

You know it’s really f***ing bad when the Avs of all teams have begged Nuke to get help multiple times and the guy would avoid it. We literally needed cops showing up for him to be forced into any programs.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I'm not talking about a buy-out. Contract termination will set us free of his contract. The team just needs a good enough reason to terminate the contract. Saying that Nuke broke the contract by getting suspended for drug use would probably be good enough.
Why would we want to lose a player like nuke? We literally can't win without him in the lineup. Our team is trash without him. The stats don't lie

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Bingo.

This piece of shit organization actually tried to stop him from going to rehab. They were willing to work with him outside of the program, anything to avoid the publicity.

You know it’s really f***ing bad when the Avs of all teams have begged Nuke to get help multiple times and the guy would avoid it. We literally needed cops showing up for him to be forced into any programs.

This is very bad look for the Avalanche.

Sounds like another Quenneville situation coming up..

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
We still have a legit top 6 if Drouin is back, everyone just needs to pick up and be much better. Lehky has been quiet in this series, he needs to be much better. Mikko needs to be better etc..
I have to disagree here. JD would have given us a proper top 6. But we can't Parise as a top 6 forward. The guy look really bad right now.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Bingo.

Yup... complete peek behind the curtain and it is Fing ugly. I hate everything about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad