GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT (MOD NOTICE post #87)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Not only are the Avs down in the series (getting clobbered in the process) but they look spiritually crushed too. Two goals in two home games. No time spent with the lead. I thought this series was going to be a barn burner

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
I know it’s strange man but god the hard on I get watching the Avs lose is incredible.
How do you feel about how Kadri has been running the Blues since he took over ownership a couple years ago? I thought they'd be a playoff team under his leadership but so far it's not working out.

• Haha
Reactions: Dust

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I wonder what Pavel thinks about the paper tiger's performance to this point? LMAO, his jinx thread may have been the difference maker so far in these playoffs.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Small question, was Nuke at practice this morning?

When was this sprung on the team? An hour? 2 hours before?

Shell shocked is probably a good assessment. Hard to come back from that
He was at practice. They didn’t know until close to game time from what we’ve seen

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Looks like it's Dallas' turn to have the PDB loss in the SCF.

Honestly, I've ragged on DeBoer in the past for being seemingly incapable of adapting his systems in the postseason and, granted, so far he hasn't really had to but on top of having a clicking lineup, the team seems well coached and seems to have that special something you see in cup winners. Still remains to be seen but I'm impressed.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Small question, was Nuke at practice this morning?

When was this sprung on the team? An hour? 2 hours before?

Shell shocked is probably a good assessment. Hard to come back from that
Yup, at practice -- and was in his usual spot on powerplay #1 so they had no idea. Team wasn't looking great in game 3 already; pretty certain finding out Nuke had gone and gotten himself kicked out of the playoffs for the second consecutive year a few hours before puckdrop broke the team. Dallas will clean them out at home now.

Reactions: Turbonium

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Not only are the Avs down in the series (getting clobbered in the process) but they look spiritually crushed too. Two goals in two home games. No time spent with the lead. I thought this series was going to be a barn burner
Watching Mackinnon and Rantanen this series is painful. Hard to find any positive so far. Kudos to Dallas though they're clogging everything and blocking every shots. When Dallas shoot the puck it goes through to Georgiev and then every Avs players are falling like dominoes trying to find the puck. Just pathetic effort tonight.

Reactions: Turbonium

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
So Dallas hasn't been thoroughly challenged would you say

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
He was at practice. They didn’t know until close to game time from what we’ve seen
How do the league officials let that unfold like that?

I'd be pissed at the league office for how it went down.

Nuke is responsible. But give the Avs to have time to implement a plan.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
That's all she wrote for the Avs. I am sure the news broke the team; they looked disorganized and lifeless (minus some hollow checks).

Selfish by Nuke; addictive behavior impacts more than just the individual.

Reactions: Devonator

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
The league has to do a better job communicating. Dropping that bomb right before the game is irresponsible.
Yeah, not sure what their scheduling is like for testing but it’s nobodies fault but nukes imo. Sucks for the team but they’re supposed to be professionals. Can’t ignore the human element though, the team loves him as a person from all accounts we’ve had.

Puck Luck 73

Dec 17, 2021
Dallas was already playing well in the series then the Avs lost 2 of their better players for tonight. The Avs have been one of the better playoff teams if you've been watching all the games up to this point.
We lost one of our best players in Hintz and had to double shift for 2 periods, so I am calling bullshi*. These guys are professionals. Suck it up

Reactions: MBTendy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad