GDT: R2G3: Panic Buttons vs. Dallas Stars - 8/26/20, 8:30pm MDT

Whose fault is it really?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I cannot for the life of me figure out how there are 3 games today. We’re using two arenas. There are no scheduling conflicts. There are no concerts or NBA games in these arenas. There’s no travel.

1 game, per day in each arena. How is anything but this happening?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I cannot for the life of me figure out how there are 3 games today. We’re using two arenas. There are no scheduling conflicts. There are no concerts or NBA games in these arenas. There’s no travel.

1 game, per day in each arena. How is anything but this happening?

Back 2 backs. And playing every other night otherwise.

League wants to get to the finals as quickly as possible considering it's already almost September.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Which is even more puzzling.

I think it makes a tonne of sense. The quicker they can move through these playoffs, the quicker we can get into the off-season stuff that needs to happen and then start focusing on the 2020/21 season and coming up with the best plan to have as close to a "normal" 2021 season as they can get.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think it makes a tonne of sense. The quicker they can move through these playoffs, the quicker we can get into the off-season stuff that needs to happen and then start focusing on the 2020/21 season and coming up with the best plan to have as close to a "normal" 2021 season as they can get.
Dude, it’s one back to back per series. It speeds each round up by one game. ONE. That saves us 4 days by the end of these playoffs.

If by doing this they could speed things up by a few weeks I get it. But we’re saving 4 days by the end of all this by forcing these back to back games.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
It was pretty neat watching the 2 teams that were down 1-0 actually come out and battle back into their series last night.

Wonder what that’s like...

Reactions: missionAvs

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Hmmmm. If I report you for this post, would you be the one tasked with handling the infraction? :sarcasm:

Nah,

oscar-says-checked-out-huh-the-one-time-i-can-21450847.png

;)

Reactions: missionAvs and Avs

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Just want to point out that with EJ in the lineup the Avs lost to the stars 2-1 on November 1 with EJ a minus 1, lost 4-1 on November 5 with EJ a even, lost a 3-2 shootout game on 12/28 with Ej having a even and a assist, lost 3-2 in ot on January 14 with EJ a minus 1. So I believe that if some fools on the defense stay out of the box and just focus on their defense, make fewer mistakes, and limit their shifts we can turn this thing around.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Just want to point out that with EJ in the lineup the Avs lost to the stars 2-1 on November 1 with EJ a minus 1, lost 4-1 on November 5 with EJ a even, lost a 3-2 shootout game on 12/28 with Ej having a even and a assist, lost 3-2 in ot on January 14 with EJ a minus 1. So I believe that if some fools on the defense stay out of the box and just focus on their defense, make fewer mistakes, and limit their shifts we can turn this thing around.
Speak for yourself. You’re the clown that put the Avs down 5-3. The turning point of the game was on you, Ian.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Wait....

Why the f*** does the NHL have this game starting at 9:30PM (Central)? That makes 0 f***ing sense, given that Dallas plays in the Central time zone.

I can't watch tonight since I have to teach tomorrow at 8am. But this and the 8:45 start on Monday...ugh, what shitty planning.
Right up there with having round 1 games starting at 1 pm on work days.

Pretty simple thing they effed up. They are in different arenas in different conferences. Who cares if they have a couple games overlap a bit? Timezones go east to west. Start the east coast teams first, and move west. This game should be starting at 7pm at the latest.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Dude, it’s one back to back per series. It speeds each round up by one game. ONE. That saves us 4 days by the end of these playoffs.

If by doing this they could speed things up by a few weeks I get it. But we’re saving 4 days by the end of all this by forcing these back to back games.
I think they're trying to shave off as many days as possible so that the players have to stay in those bubbles for as little as possible.

I don't like back to backs in the playoffs, I think it makes the games feel very regular season-ish, and the quality of play dips, too. But I get why the league is wanting to do it.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Do or die (Obviously) but you have to believe the Avs will bring their A game. How many time did they lose 3 games in a row this year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad