GDT: R2G3 | Dallas Stars @ Colorado Avalanche | 10pm ET 8pm MT | Series tied 1-1

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Honestly this kinda feels like the Seattle series. No matter what the Avs did they could never find their footing. Always playing from behind. Im really beginning to think that the winner of the Nucks and Oiler series is going to the finals. I dont see Dallas or the Avs beating the Nucks or Oilers at this rate.

Reactions: AvsWraith

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
How many seam pass goals have we allowed this series? I think there were 2 last game, 1 this game. Not a great look.

Avs are moving and playing pretty well for the most part .Just hope they have their usual extra gear in the 3rd.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
This reminds me of the game we didn't start playing until the 3rd and kept shooting each other in the dick

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
I've decided not to take this game so seriously. IF they manage to pull it out fine, But no expectations and its not worth getting worked up over.
Recalling your comment about MacK last gm.. not giving effort in the last seconds of gm.
He just floated off the ice at 40 seconds left in the 2nd. Posterchild of 'why rush?' This seconds after giving up on a forecheck because it didn't go his way. I mean literally just why exert more atm? Glaring.. grating af...

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Here's the deal...... when the Avs ef up, Dallas scores.

So far, Dallas hasn't really ef'd up on much of anything.

It's interesting to note:

1.) Avs are only sending 1 fwd in to forecheck.

2.) He usually arrives late

3.) When the Av's fwd does capture the puck, there is never a 2nd Avs providing support. All other Avs are watching and waiting for a pass.

4.) Dallas always has 2 men on the puck.

5.) De Boers knows the Avs habits and tendencies and is playing a quick transition reaction game because he knows the Avs goaltender is not capable of winning a game for his team.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Weird game so far.....

Some players on our team should take a deep look into the mirror in this intermission....

Its not that Dallas is that good...its on us to lose this game....

They better get their shit together.....

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
This reminds me of the game we didn't start playing until the 3rd and kept shooting each other in the dick
e23305fd-b226-4736-97c1-7db0606a4bd8_text.gif

Reactions: wayninja

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think the criticism of MacKinnon is overstated. He's actually attacking and dangerous.

Rantanen just kills the play on his stick.
Problem with Mackinnon is hes capable of taking over games. We seen it all season and we seen it his entire playoff career. He hasnt been close to that guy. Connor McDavid was THAT guy last night. The Avs need that from him. He hasnt been awful but the standards are insanely hight for Nathan and hes not anywhere close to that.

Reactions: Alienblood

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Here's the deal...... when the Avs ef up, Dallas scores.

So far, Dallas hasn't really ef'd up on much of anything.

It's interesting to note:

1.) Avs are only sending 1 fwd in to forecheck.

2.) He usually arrives late

3.) When the Av's fwd does capture the puck, there is never a 2nd Avs providing support. All other Avs are watching and waiting for a pass.

4.) Dallas always has 2 men on the puck.

5.) De Boers knows the Avs habits and tendencies and is playing a quick transition reaction game because he knows the Avs goaltender is not capable of winning a game for his team.
Deboer just knows how to beat the Avs. Hes been doing it all his life.

Henrik Lundqvist’s analysis is almost always spot on.

Find myself agreeing with him over and over.
Yah hes great at it.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
I've decided not to take this game so seriously. IF they manage to pull it out fine, But no expectations and its not worth getting worked up over.
I mean ... life? Not sure if you meant this particular game or this overall game. One of my best friends died the day of Roy's Statue of Liberty play, and yes I can get stressed over games, but nothing like before that. Perspective is good, but getting it really sucks.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Problem with Mackinnon is hes capable of taking over games. We seen it all season and we seen it his entire playoff career. He hasnt been close to that guy. Connor McDavid was THAT guy last night. The Avs need that from him. He hasnt been awful but the standards are insanely hight for Nathan and hes not anywhere close to that.

This is very true, it’s not that MacK isn’t and hasn’t been good, but he’s one of the highest paid players in the league and we’ve seen him dominate games. The problem is that he’s just been okay for a player of his abilities

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad