GDT: R2G3 | Dallas Stars @ Colorado Avalanche | 10pm ET 8pm MT | Series tied 1-1

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The Venue

1715460515673.png

In a tied series the Avs must come out firing

daffy shot.gif

And leave the Stars feeling a bit flat

Coyote smash.gif

The Avs must speed to victory

roadrunner.gif

And strike the Stars out of the sky

you're out.gif

Colorado Avalanche:

Nichushkin - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Lehkonen - Mittelstadt - Parise
Wood - Colton - Kiviranta
Cogliano - Trenin - Duhaime

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Johnson - Walker

Georgiev

Dallas Stars:

Robertson - Hintz - Stankoven
Benn - Johnston - Pavelski
Marchment - Duchene - Seguin
Dadonov - Steel - Smith

Harley - Heiskanen
Lindell - Tanev
Suter - Lundkvist

Oettinger

GDT Music:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I’m starting to have bad feelings about this series. Avs aren’t playing a stable enough game so far to get through Dallas. Falling behind in both games by 3 and 4 goals. We’ll see how they do tonight. If they keep relying on 3 or 4 goal come back, not gonna win the series

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I predict much of the same honestly. I think the Stars will come out strong and get out ahead to a multiple goal lead. The Avs will do their best to mount a comeback and will get close but will fart short in the end. 6-1 Stars.

Reactions: the_fan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If the first few shifts are lethargic once again from Nathan MacKinnon I think the Stars take this one. Either he sets the tone positively or he is disinterested yet again. 5v5 stats through two games:

Shot attempts: 108 - 100 Colorado
Shots on goal: 45-36 Colorado
Scoring chances: 44-26 Colorado
Scoring chance goals: 4-1 Colorado
High danger chances: 14-8 Colorado
High danger chance goals: 2-0 Colorado

Lines 2-4 have shown up (for the most part, Mittelstadt was bad in game 2) through the first two games. If the top line can please join it will go a long way towards beating Dallas.

Reactions: Vk1ing

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I will not be watching tonight since they only score and win when I check results in the morning.

My hope is Landy is healthy enough to dress for one game in this series for the sole purpose of putting such a beatdown on benn that he (benn) immediately retires. Fvcking POS, nobody targets another player's shoulder when leaving their feet to make a hit.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I am not going to shit on the Avs for last game. That was their first bad game of the series and they almost pulled it off so to me that was a positive. With that said they have got to start scoring first so the Stars open up their system which in turn will give us even more scoring opportunities.

I want to see a much better effort tonight right out of the gate. Hopefully George will have another good game. The stats were not very good last game for him but I feel he still had a very good game by making some really nice saves to give us a chance at a come back. And it almost worked.

AvsRuleU

Oct 16, 2013
Colorado
Yeah, not feeling good about the AVs chances in this series after the first two games. The Stars are just simply two to three tiers above the Avs in overall quality. Winner tonight takes this series and the Cup IMO. It was fun while it lasted at least.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
They have to stop with the terrible penalties. PPs are 9-4 in Dallas' favor so far IIRC and honestly its completed justified. I think the Avs have taken 2 Too many Men Penalties and 2 Delay of Game penalties alone.

Cut out those brainless plays, and keep controlling the 5 on 5 play and they really should win.

Yeah, not feeling good about the AVs chances in this series after the first two games. The Stars are just simply two to three tiers above the Avs in overall quality. Winner tonight takes this series and the Cup IMO. It was fun while it lasted at least.
lmao wtf

Reactions: ASmileyFace

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Two or three tiers above?

The 5v5 metrics have favoured the Avs in every category through two games.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad