GDT: R2G2 - Aves @ Stares - 7:30 MT - 🐝 there or 🐝 🔳

Terrible GDT - I'm sorry. will you forgive me?

• No

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • 😐

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Outside of maybe one game he's having very good playoffs.

All these people who thought he couldn't play in the playoffs are pretty quiet!
He's proving us wrong - thankfully.

So strange. I know the point totals are gaudy thus far but the Avs best players to-date have not been their usual best players.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
As expected, Bednar not happy with the effort and the penalties. Doesn't like the Benn hit on Toews. Doesn't understand why it wasn't at least a 2 minute penalty.

Have we scored the 1st goal of the game all season this year?
Pretty sure they scored the first goal vs Winnipeg in 3 of the 5 games.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Pretty sure they scored the first goal vs Winnipeg in 3 of the 5 games.
IMG_2771.gif

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
Honestly beating the trap isn’t hard. Show up to the game, play hard and strike first. The trap begins to fall apart if you have a lead and are relentless on the forecheck/sound in your own zone. Show up to the game on time and frustrate them as much after you score.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Yeah I’m not getting the rantanen hate. I thought he had a pretty solid game as well

I don't think Rants was bad either. Wasn't great but had a few really nice plays. It was MacKinnon by far who looked the worst. Makar was up and down.

Avs just seem to turtle whenever they can't impose how they want to play and it leads to a bunch of dumb penalties/mistakes. If they could just survive those stretches and only give up a goal or two they'd be fine. They're not going to be able to make Dallas skate with them the entire game. Whenever they can they can't be trailing 2+ goals.

Reactions: 22FUTON9

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Honestly beating the trap isn’t hard. Show up to the game, play hard and strike first. The trap begins to fall apart if you have a lead and are relentless on the forecheck/sound in your own zone. Show up to the game on time and frustrate them as much after you score.
Yep, and the Avs in both games have started incredibly poorly. Only difference in this game is Dallas got that 4th goal and it was lights out.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
1-1 after two tight games is a pretty good position to head home to Denver TBH. Take the good effort from the third and build on it.

And someone tell MacKinnon to eat more chickpea pasta instead pizza, maybe that pisses him off.

Reactions: GeoRox89

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
Yep, and the Avs in both games have started incredibly poorly. Only difference in this game is Dallas got that 4th goal and it was lights out.

Yep 100%. Dallas really doesn’t even execute it particularly well. If the Avs can manage to score first vs Dallas, they end up in a significantly better position. This is a completely winnable series, but the Avs can’t keep falling behind by 3. They need to get up one or two in a game here lol.

Reactions: GeoRox89

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
They just need to learn from this and not make all the bad mistakes they made. It sucks the way they played through 40 minutes, but they were never going to go 16-1 through the playoffs. They need to get back to using their speed to beat the trap like the did in the 2nd and 3rd last game and the 3rd tonight. I'm sure the top guys know they were bad tonight and they'll likely be better Saturday. Not going to give them too hard of a time because shit happens and they can battle through the adversity. I'll be worried if they lay another stinker next game.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
At least we’re not the Canes who are supposed to be winning the cup for the last 400 years and they keep getting swept in the 2nd round

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
They just need to learn from this and not make all the bad mistakes they made. It sucks the way they played through 40 minutes, but they were never going to go 16-1 through the playoffs. They need to get back to using their speed to beat the trap like the did in the 2nd and 3rd last game and the 3rd tonight. I'm sure the top guys know they were bad tonight and they'll likely be better Saturday. Not going to give them too hard of a time because shit happens and they can battle through the adversity. I'll be worried if they lay another stinker next game.
It will be interesting to see what matchup Bednar prefers now that he gets last change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad