I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_5968.jpeg

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
You don’t think the Avs were lucky to escape in OT?
The Avs were in charge of this game from the 2nd period onward except for a good portion of the OT. And then Georgiev stepped up. The stats ESPN showed at th end of the 3rd clearly established that the Avs were dominant. Other than face-offs.... which we know to be a problem, I don't regard tonights win as "lucky".

BigCKU

Aug 16, 2020
This reminds me of the Vegas series. After a game 2 OT win where the Avs were getting manhandled and outplayed. Vegas came back and cruised to 4 straight wins when the Avs couldn't adapt.

Bednar needs to make some big changes for next game.

Difference in tonight vs G2 in 2021 vs Vegas was dominated that entire game. Avs scoring that game came from a lucky bounce on a breakaway from Saad and 2 PP goals. Tonight the Avs dominated the majority of the game especially after the 1st period. They controlled the majority of the neutral zone even when the game was more back and forth in the 3rd the Avs still controlled the better part of it. After P1 the only time Stars truly had sustained puck possession in their offensive zone was in OT when Avs just couldn’t win a faceoff for the first 10 minutes of OT.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
The Avs were in charge of this game from the 2nd period onward except for a good portion of the OT. And then Georgiev stepped up. The stats ESPN showed at th end of the 3rd clearly established that the Avs were dominant. Other than face-offs.... which we know to be a problem, I don't regard tonights win as "lucky".
The Stars were buzzing in OT. Georgie kept them in it.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
It's funny because he had so many similar opportunities in the regular season but would just shoot it straight into the goalie. This time he goes backhand and voila
Otter played that very poorly. There was no reason for him to hug his post like that. I think Wood's speed made everyone watching, and the Dallas players shit their pants.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I agree we were the better team a good portion of the game and the stats will back that.

If the Stars didn't get 2 lucky breaks and extremely generous reffing in the first it's probably a 3-1 regulation win for the Avs.

I didn't hate it game, it looked way worse than it was due to an odd first period where nothing went right for us.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
Final faceoff stats were 27-40, or only 40% for the Avs. I'm surprised it was this close as it sure seemed worse and Dallas was dominating the draws in the Avs end in OT.

Some people say it doesn't matter (Avs did win) but the Avs gifted too much puck possesion to Dallas.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
He leaves A LOT to be desired defensively but 40 points with physicality is not mediocre.
I feel very mixed on RosCo. I think he's been wildly inconsistent as a center. There have been games and whole stretches of games where he, Wood and O'Connor were pretty pretty much the ideal 3rd line. And then there have been games and periods of time where he leaves something to be desired.

I keep trying to remind myself that Tampa used him mostly as a winger and this was his first full season as a center in the NHL. So not only has he been learning Bednar's system but he's been learning how to play center at the NHL level as well. I think I would give him a C+ on the regular season. I actually quite liked him in the first round, hell he put up an xGF% of 62.34%. Not bad actually. Tonight he definitely struggled. I really think that line is missing O'Connor so badly. For whatever reason he's the straw that stirred the drink.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I feel very mixed on RosCo. I think he's been wildly inconsistent as a center. There have been games and whole stretches of games where he, Wood and O'Connor were pretty pretty much the ideal 3rd line. And then there have been games and periods of time where he leaves something to be desired.

I keep trying to remind myself that Tampa used him mostly as a winger and this was his first full season as a center in the NHL. So not only has he been learning Bednar's system but he's been learning how to play center at the NHL level as well. I think I would give him a C+ on the regular season. I actually quite liked him in the first round, hell he put up an xGF% of 62.34%. Not bad actually. Tonight he definitely struggled. I really think that line is missing O'Connor so badly. For whatever reason he's the straw that stirred the drink.

They need Kiviranta back as crazy as that sounds haha

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Oh, these numbers look even better when you consider only 5v5. In the same order as above:

64-50
22-16
25-12
9-4
2.5 - 1.07

All Avalanche
Damn that's very nice, but I saw statistics that basically out of the first round, teams which did well on powerplay went through.

I think second game we could do even better imo. Today very sloppy start and now we are not rusty anymore.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
G was fantastic. Much better than game 6 vs the Jets. He chased down and took the puck away from Seguin a number of times tonight.
I thought he was terrible in the 1st...... but who from the Avs wasn't..... And was worried he would cost the team the game. But he recovered nicely and was solid over most of his shifts.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Dallas board is worth the read, if you are into Refalanche fanfic.
Kind of pathetic to be bitching about refs when you had 4 PPs and the Avs got 2 PPs. Not to mention the egregious amounts diving/embellishment (at least 4 or 5 just gross ones), the missed high stick on Toews, the blatant hook on 29 who would have a nice look otherwise, the 2 times Duchene grabbed 96 because he was beat.

I could go on but this was not won because the Avs got all the calls.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad