GDT: R2G1 - Avalanche @ Stars - 7:30PM - Nate Wick

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
They have to do that. Stars are clogging up the middle and trying to trap the neutral zone, forcing the stretch pass is the way to try and break that.
Puck carrier needs to slow it down to the red draw them forward- then loft over the top/dump to opposite corner with the speed coming from off wingers over the top of the trap. Get it in deep and go to work. Their D is the weakness when they have to chase.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Avs need to get their offense to the middle of the ice. Stars are giving them the whole outside basically saying you’ll get one but don’t count on many. Need the D to work back to the center and fire shots from there (or rotate MacK up) then get into the dirty areas. 5v5 for the Avs is way too perimeter for my liking.

Reactions: GeoRox89

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Avs need to get their offense to the middle of the ice. Stars are giving them the whole outside basically saying you’ll get one but don’t count on many. Need the D to work back to the center and fire shots from there (or rotate MacK up) then get into the dirty areas. 5v5 for the Avs is way too perimeter for my liking.
Even when they block a ton of them, fire hard ones and make them pay the price for doing it. It’s a war of attrition leave them battered and bruised and thinking twice before getting in front of a Makar 103 MPH slapper

Reactions: katfude

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I like our chances if we limit them to only 2 shots in the 3rd like we did in the second. That just means we need to score 3 more goals to tie.

Reactions: katfude

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I would rather see someone like Jon Cooper be the rules expert for ESPN than an ex-NHL official. I'd rather have someone with an axe to grind against NHL officiating if they insist on not having a neutral position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad