GDT: [R2/G6 Stanley Cup Playoffs] Dallas Stars @ Seattle Kraken - 4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Tonight you'll experience a matchup of

fear-me-i-am-the-kraken.gif

vs

giphy.gif

After losing two straight games against the Stars the Kraken are back at home with their backs against the wall in a must win game six.

This means the Kraken need to go in this one with the mindset of...
giphy.gif

Where?
Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA
Exterior-Hero-Shot-1024x575.jpg

When?
4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 pm. ET / 1:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ESPN
------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Yanni Gourde: 3(G) - 7(A) ---> 10 points
Jaden Schwartz: 5(G) - 4(A) ---> 9 points
Justin Schultz: 3(G) - 6(A) ---> 9 points
Jordan Eberle: 4(G) - 4(A) ---> 8 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 25:14 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 23:28 TOI/Game
Jamie Oleksiak: 21:17 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Philipp Grubauer: 6-6-0 / .903(SV%) / 3.06 GAA
giphy.gif

i

I think they might have stats too.
But....
giphy.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's put up or shut up time for the Kraken in tonights game.
You either win and there's another game seven on the road or you lose and start your vacation plans.

That means it's time to show some....
giphy.webp

Overall the Kraken need to find a way to get more to the inside and give Oettinger more problems in order for him to have a tougher time in this one.

If not it's going to be a very tough challenge winning this game and sending the series back to Dallas.

Anyways, it's yet another playoff game for the boys so roll those damn lines, forecheck the sh** out of them and give em hell.
giphy.gif

And as always...
giphy.gif

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
It took the Lightning a good 10 years to finally get some respect from those purists "up north". The Cup in '04 quieted that crap. But Seattle is and always has been a hockey town. I can tell you that the Kraken are the team that Lightning fans are rooting for*; for all the right reasons (Yanni and the Liewekes in particular).

* HF Lightning Board, "Bandwagon Favorites"

Soul Rebel

Aug 19, 2019
I hope we can find a way to bump Canner up to Beniers' line w/ Eberle. I like what Kartye has done given the circumstances he was thrust into. Prefer to have the young Beniers back with his linemates and McCann looked like he had the hot hand Thursday night.

Though 52 dazzled early, Matty needs a bit more vet support, IMO.

Maybe put Kartye on Gourde's line to surround the youngster with a vet like 37 and 22. It will also help Gourde to have some extra grit that Kartye brings on his wing.

Gru needs to find his first round mojo...he's looked like "regular season past two years" Grubauer.

Overall, we win tonight and take it to game 7. Dallas has more star power (pun intended), but they dont want the pressure of taking us on in game 7. We've shown we can win that road game and will have momentum from game 6 behind us.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
There has to be some strategic balance to line changes imho. There really is something to having the same guys out at the same time with lots of reps that yields a whole that is more than the sum of its parts. On the other hand, there are reasons where a coach has to make adjustments. You can't just kick back and be totally outcoached. Still, I don't think making changes for the sake of changes works.

Part of the reason we acquired Eeli Tolvanen is Hynes' coaching philosophy seems to be any forward can play anywhere and juggling lines shift to shift is "the way" to find offense. It's sort of the mad scientist approach. Just mix your 14, 15 bottles of chemicals together randomly and in varying amounts until something explodes. Whether it's a good or bad explosion is anyone's guess.

Eberle and McCann have played a lot together the last two years. With our backs to the wall, it makes sense to put them back together. If McCann runs out of gas, well, we can thank Cale Makar.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Going to be dealing with the heat lake-side most of the day so the 4PM start isn't great. Will have to avoid all spoilage and watch later.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Same. Glad it’s not a possible series winning game for the Kraken, but the weather is too damn good to be inside. That and I’ll miss the end anyway as I have Timbers tickets for tonight.

Reactions: Kat Predator

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Same. Glad it’s not a possible series winning game for the Kraken, but the weather is too damn good to be inside. That and I’ll miss the end anyway as I have Timbers tickets for tonight.
See you Monday night then. You don't want to miss any of that one.

Reactions: The Marquis

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Tonight you'll experience a matchup of

fear-me-i-am-the-kraken.gif

vs

giphy.gif

After losing two straight games against the Stars the Kraken are back at home with their backs against the wall in a must win game six.

This means the Kraken need to go in this one with the mindset of...
giphy.gif

Where?
Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA
Exterior-Hero-Shot-1024x575.jpg

When?
4:00 p.m. PT / 7:00 pm. ET / 1:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ESPN
------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Yanni Gourde: 3(G) - 7(A) ---> 10 points
Jaden Schwartz: 5(G) - 4(A) ---> 9 points
Justin Schultz: 3(G) - 6(A) ---> 9 points
Jordan Eberle: 4(G) - 4(A) ---> 8 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 25:14 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 23:28 TOI/Game
Jamie Oleksiak: 21:17 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Philipp Grubauer: 6-6-0 / .903(SV%) / 3.06 GAA
giphy.gif

i

I think they might have stats too.
But....
giphy.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's put up or shut up time for the Kraken in tonights game.
You either win and there's another game seven on the road or you lose and start your vacation plans.

That means it's time to show some....
giphy.webp

Overall the Kraken need to find a way to get more to the inside and give Oettinger more problems in order for him to have a tougher time in this one.

If not it's going to be a very tough challenge winning this game and sending the series back to Dallas.

Anyways, it's yet another playoff game for the boys so roll those damn lines, forecheck the sh** out of them and give em hell.
giphy.gif

And as always...
giphy.gif
Great work @RainyCityHockey

Glad I stopped by to see this.

Cheers

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
I completely spaced on the time. If anyone is near CPA and wants a free ticket let me know. You got about 20 minutes.

Can’t guarantee it lasts I’m just trying to not have it get totally wasted at this point.

(I couldn’t go anyway, but I spaced on getting rid of it before game time).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad