GDT: [R2/G2 Stanley Cup Playoffs] Seattle Kraken @ Dallas Stars - 6:30 PM PDT / 9:30 PM EDT (TNT)

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Game 2 of the NHL second round and there are a lot of empty seats in Dallas after a sellout in Game 1! And Buttcrack Bettman thinks hockey in the South is popular?C'mon man

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Game 2 of the NHL second round and there are a lot of empty seats in Dallas after a sellout in Game 1! And Buttcrack Bettman thinks hockey in the South is popular?C'mon man
TB Lightning have the longest current stretch of sellouts. And the Coyotes, oh nevermind

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Dallas is winning 70% of the face offs.

And another goal. That about settles it for Dallas. Just not our night. I trust the Kraken will regroup, shake this one out of their system, and come back storming back in Seattle.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Geekie on the power play is like a double agent. Whose side you on, boy?

A bit of an emotional letdown this game for the team--which is thoroughly understandable.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Possession numbers must be beyond dismal.
You cant be at 25% FO against a team like Dallas. It’s a big reason why the Kraken’s PP numbers are way below where they should be. (Bordering on abysmal). Lightning had that problem before their Cup runs and Jeff Halpern got things turned around. Krak needs a FO asst coach to work with all the centers.

Reactions: Kevinsane

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Come on guys, ease up on the criticism.
You had to figure winning both games in Dallas was not likely. Series is 1-1, we have home ice advantage. We did what we had to do down there. Series is tied. We got game 3 second round coming up, it's going to be great!

Reactions: kihei and Kevinsane

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
You gotta have more offense if you want to win a playoff game.

Overall just not good enough with the exception of Grubauer who seems to keep on doing his playoff thing.

Gotta hope the boys will be able to rest up a bit until Sunday and then we can give it another shot.

Reactions: Toomany7pins

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Kraken looked gassed last night. Badly need that extra day of rest. Felt the red flags when I heard Shwartz and Schultz didn't practice this morning.

Still annoyed about the dive that led to the powerplay goal. Just no need.

Pleased for Kartye.

1-1 road trip though, would have happily took that before the series began.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Tough loss but I think missing Canner and Bura is catching up to us now. The team is tired and could certainly use them. Outside of the talent they add, they will also be much fresher.
Got to hope McCann is back this weekend. GMRF said if he knew Bura was out as long as he has been he'd have made a move at the tdl for help.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Got to hope McCann is back this weekend. GMRF said if he knew Bura was out as long as he has been he'd have made a move at the tdl for help.
tdl deals didn't work out too well for Boston, or Tampa, maybe not the leafs etc.
This team is a 2nd year team just building it's identity and it's own unified players and team concept. We added in free agency and that was enough. We aren't at a place where we want to go throwing away the future for a rental yet.

give Dallas credit, they play a solid shutdown style and it gave us trouble. It's not unexpected.

Reactions: Stubu

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Coyote fan popping in....gotta give Dallas credit....they beat a damn good team.

Looking forward to game 3.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
So glad they get the extra day of rest as the series moves to SEA, these guys plainly need it. Brutal to go from Denver to Dallas with only one day in-between.

Reactions: Kat Predator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad