GDT: [R2/G2 Stanley Cup Playoffs] Seattle Kraken @ Dallas Stars - 6:30 PM PDT / 9:30 PM EDT (TNT)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
tdl deals didn't work out too well for Boston, or Tampa, maybe not the leafs etc.
This team is a 2nd year team just building it's identity and it's own unified players and team concept. We added in free agency and that was enough. We aren't at a place where we want to go throwing away the future for a rental yet.

give Dallas credit, they play a solid shutdown style and it gave us trouble. It's not unexpected.

In a year like this good 2nd line forwards like Neiderreiter were available for like 2nd rounders, hardly throwing away the future.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
a lot of credit has to go to Ron Francis. Sticking to a philosophy and not getting
ahead of himself with long range plan. Stuck to grubauer as his goalie this year
after a terrible statistical season in his first year. Other Gm's would have had another
goalie in net. Francis patience with that has paid off. Also having the knowledge
to pick big strong and physical defensemen in the expansion draft.
olekcyk, borgin, soucy, larson, all tough to play against and playing real well in the
playoffs.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I hope that after tonights result you're aware that you are required to visit every playoff home game from now on. :D
I wish lol. I'm undefeated though in the 3 home games i've been to this year. My friend has season tickets and brought me along. The 2 people next to us spent $400 a seat :oops:. They said to us if the Kraken scored first the beers were on them. We said if the Kraken scored 3 the next was on us. None of us were mad.

I'm just relieved i'm not a jinx, there was a huge line for the bathrooms during the first period break, so I timed going right at the start of the second with no line thinking I wouldn't miss anything. Of course we score while i'm in there. Wristband flashing, goal horn blaring mid piss and everyone in there going 'ah f***'. Got some crap from the people around me when I got back to my seat, just as well we scored another 6 after :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RainyCityHockey

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I think that the Kraken's success is built around at least one of the regular Kraken HF posters being away for some dumb reason, but not for the entire game. Getting groceries, dog walk, pissing, etc. Just that. That's the key to success.

Is today the draft lottery? lol. Awesome not knowing.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
a lot of credit has to go to Ron Francis. Sticking to a philosophy and not getting
ahead of himself with long range plan. Stuck to grubauer as his goalie this year
after a terrible statistical season in his first year. Other Gm's would have had another
goalie in net. Francis patience with that has paid off. Also having the knowledge
to pick big strong and physical defensemen in the expansion draft.
olekcyk, borgin, soucy, larson, all tough to play against and playing real well in the
playoffs.
Hat tip to Alex Mandrycky as well. From what I glean, it seems like she was the driving force behind the Bjorkstrand and Tolvanen moves.

Reactions: Scomerica

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I think that the Kraken's success is built around at least one of the regular Kraken HF posters being away for some dumb reason, but not for the entire game. Getting groceries, dog walk, pissing, etc. Just that. That's the key to success.

Is today the draft lottery? lol. Awesome not knowing.

Yep, the Draft Lottery is today.
Gonna be interesting who gets Bedard and who'll be able to select at #2(Fantili, Carlsson, Michkov).

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Yep, the Draft Lottery is today.
Gonna be interesting who gets Bedard and who'll be able to select at #2(Fantili, Carlsson, Michkov).

You mean, when Chicago gets Bedard, it'll be interesting to see who gets pick #2. I know that's what you mean. I will shut up about the draft lottery conspiracy if Chicago or Vancouver don't win today. I will never speak of it again, but if either win, I'll never not believe it's not fixed.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad