[R2/G1 Stanley Cup Playoffs] Seattle Kraken @ Dallas Stars - 6:30 PM PDT / 9:30 PM EDT (ESPN)

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
It's Tiiiiiiiimmmmmmeeeeee for the SECOND ROUND of the STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS! (or how I stopped worrying and loved the Conference Semifinals).

Guess what? The Kraken made it!

C'est genial! Notre équipe est l'outsider!

SEATTLE KRAKEN

images.jpg

@

DALLAS STARS

FFKy4swXIAYaJN1.png

PLAYOFFS LEADERS! w/ commentary

Gourde 4 vs. Hintz 12 - Oh shit! That's a huge gap!

Goals:

Schwartz 2 vs. Hintz 4 - We can overcome this!

Assists:

Gourde 3 vs. Hintz 7 - I think we know who our boys need to bash into the boards.

Thoughts and prayers that this is Roope Hintz this series:

DwM6e3g.gif

And the goalies? Oh yes.. The goalies!

Grubauer 4-3/2.44/.926 vs. Oettinger 4-2/2.01/.929 - Anybody know a guy? Anybody?

ce695108f3e5e109b7ffa495933f29e4.jpg

REGULAR SEASON MATCH UP:

Kraken 3, Stars 4 (OT)
Kraken 2, Stars 5
Kraken 4, Stars 4 (OT)

DwM6e3g.gif

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, they looked good against us until we figured out them always bringing back a forward to try and relief their defense from our pressure.

After that we looked better but they're still the more talented team.

But whatever, we've been told we can't do shi** all season long and have shown them the opposite.

So roll those lines and...
giphy.gif

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The truth is...On paper the Stars should win.

Also truth...No matter what happens you have to feel good about the season and where the team is headed (hopefully).

So let's root, but have fun with it. The reality is that if Francis can get it right there's a lot he can do this offseason to take this team to the next level this Fall.

It's a long journey to a Cup and remember it's not always where you are...But where you're heading. :thumbu:

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Well they are the better team, Kraken are the under dogs, but Colorado had the better team too so who knows?
Going to be tough though. They play a tight system and their goalie is playing very well. I expect low scores and the PP might end up being the difference.

Still, second round, what a great season this is regardless.

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
No ROOT now, so tonight (Tues) is ESPN. Still time to join a trial. Thursday is TNT, no ESPN apparently. This series all comes down to faceoffs...we'll need a special effort for sure. Hopefully, they have been working on it. Stars are a top-rated faceoff team.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
The Kraken have GOT to be tired, with the emotional win, then travel, and Dallas well rested and waiting. I'm not expecting much tonight, just hope to take one of the two games there. If we have a chance tonight, it means we must score early and play with the lead.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
No ROOT now, so tonight (Tues) is ESPN. Still time to join a trial. Thursday is TNT, no ESPN apparently. This series all comes down to faceoffs...we'll need a special effort for sure. Hopefully, they have been working on it. Stars are a top-rated faceoff team.
Not sure ESPN+ will have the game only regular ESPN on cable or streaming package. Not positive but with my ESPN+ I cannot watch ESPN without verifying a service I am subscribed to. Trial may not work. Not positive but that's how it was for me during season.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I'm feeling eerily relaxed. I mean, I never dreamed we'd get this far, so all this seems like some kind of wonderful bonus, a cherry atop the cheery already on top. Don't know quite what to make of it. I have the feeling that about 2/1000s seconds after they drop the puck, I will figure it out, though.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Dallas feels like the conference heavyweight this year, and played us tough during the season for sure. Not only do we need Gru to keep killing it, we'll need scoring from every line as well because the Stars certainly can.

That said, whatever the outcome I really couldn't be more proud of the team. Give em hell!:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad