GDT: R2-G1: ALBANY DEVILS @ TORONTO MARLIES: Wed May 4th-7:30 PM - ROGERS/AHL LIVE/TSN1050

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yep, that sure was a Devils game, yawn. We weren't able to create a whole lot of scoring chances and the ones we did get Wedgewood was able to save.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Marlies missing nylander's creativity and zone entry skills

Yea could have used him with that. Overall good game, the Rats kept us to the outside pretty well. Sparks looked shaky, allowed a weak goal & it looked like a lot of their 2nd shots were generated from Sparks bobbling the initial shot. I think we controlled the majority of the play despite the close shot totals.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
It's one of those unfortunate losses where we were the better team, but the goalie put on a vezina like performance and stole one from us. We'll get to him next game, Nylander should be back

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Marlies may not be as good next year once Nylander Soshnikov Hyman and Carrik make the Leafs.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Was at the game and it was a snoozer

Refs were terrible

Strong game from Percy, Carrick, Leipsic, and Hyman. Loov was quietly good. Brown and Goat need to be better. Really missing Willie and Sosh.

Lol moment during the game when Hyman was kneed. Some guy in the crowd yelled: "you broke my Hyman!" lol

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
The good that will come out of this is that it's the most structured team they'll likely play against in the calder playoffs. Good test for some of these guys.

They were better over 60. If they play like that every game they should be fine.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
That trap in the third is exactly where you need Nylander.

Connor brown was doing a good job with zone entries at times. Leipsic too. But nobody to carry it up the middle and disrupt the trap like Willy does.

Refs were also letting quite a bit go both ways... Seemed to favour the Devils towards the end IMO...

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Just have to go into the next one and find a way to get more pucks in the net.

Hopefully Nylander is feeling better. That kind of elite offense is definitely needed.

Just bring another strong effort to the next game. This team won't be denied for long.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
Just got back from the game. Tough loss but I was really amazed with how well Leipsic played. I don't foresee him having any difficulty whatsoever with his size. He's feisty as hell and super shifty. He was all over the ice tonight and is really slick with how well he's able to squeeze through gaps. There was one shift where three devils tried to rub him out along the boards and he was able to find the few inches of empty space that would almost completely negate the impact. He's much faster live than I realized. He and Brown are going to be really fun to watch in the future.

stymie

Oct 15, 2014
2-3-2 Series format is NFG.
Marlies are in a huge hole after one game.
Connor Carrick is the one positive for this unfortunate circumstance.
Thank you WSH for CC & the 2nd rounder.

P.S. Nice job SEER.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Just got back from the game. Tough loss but I was really amazed with how well Leipsic played. I don't foresee him having any difficulty whatsoever with his size. He's feisty as hell and super shifty. He was all over the ice tonight and is really slick with how well he's able to squeeze through gaps. There was one shift where three devils tried to rub him out along the boards and he was able to find the few inches of empty space that would almost completely negate the impact. He's much faster live than I realized. He and Brown are going to be really fun to watch in the future.

I have said this before, the last few games I seen the Marlies play live, Leipsic was the best player on the ice by a mile!

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Was at the game tonight and leipsic really impressed me. Looks like a little bit like Brad marchand when he gets going, aside from being pesty. Leivo looked off tonight.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I hope Willie and Sosh can play. A team like the Devils and their goaltending need to be shelled. We seemed to have a lot of pressure, but not a ton of key opportunities. A guy like Nylander can bust things open, and change the series.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
I'm not worried. Marlies pretty much dominated. Albany won't win 4 games playing like that. It's only a matter of time.

Nylander and Sosh being out doesn't help either.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Was at the game last night.

Leispic was by far the most noticeable forward for the Marlies. He's got a ton of skill and I never really appreciated his game until I was watching close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad