GDT: [R1G5 Stanley Cup Playoffs]Seattle Kraken @ Colorado Avalanche 6:30PM PST ESPN/ROOT

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Canada can get cold. Trust me
We know lol we are directly south of you in bc and the eastern parts of the state are pretty close to Alberta. I imagine most people here have been to Canada. There's probably some kraken fans from Idaho as well since it's the nearest American team.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
We know lol we are directly south of you in bc and the eastern parts of the state are pretty close to Alberta. I imagine most people here have been to Canada. There's probably some kraken fans from Idaho as well since it's the nearest American team.
I’m 5000 miles from ya. I’m in Nova Scotia

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I’m 5000 miles from ya. I’m in Nova Scotia
FWIW, Helsinki, Finland is less than 5000 miles from Seattle. :) (Also Tahiti if we're planning trips.)

PS: NS is 4,491 km away according to Google, so maybe that's it?

Last edited:

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
It does shut down when it snows :D but that's more because they don't salt the roads and it's hilly.

How did you end up an Oilers fan from there? I'm originally from Scotland.

The real reason the western side of the northwest shuts down during snow is the utter lack of snow removal equipment, like plows, deicers, etc. It's ridiculous. Some towns/cities are well equipped (such as the one I live in), but others (particularly Portland) are just not even remotely equipped to handle snow at all. That and it tends to snow hard when it snows, due to the overall wet climate. Blah blah blah... just wanted to get involved in the conversation... How bout them Kraken?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
It does shut down when it snows :D but that's more because they don't salt the roads and it's hilly.

How did you end up an Oilers fan from there? I'm originally from Scotland.
Oilers came in league in 79-80. Made playoffs 1st year. Next year, they put out Montreal Canadiens in a 3 game sweep. I was hooked then. I hated the Habs
Scotland eh. Little trivia for ya. My home province, Nova Scotia, means New Scotland in Latin. My home town, is named after one of your cities, Glasgow. We live in New Glasgow

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
The real reason the western side of the northwest shuts down during snow is the utter lack of snow removal equipment, like plows, deicers, etc. It's ridiculous. Some towns/cities are well equipped (such as the one I live in), but others (particularly Portland) are just not even remotely equipped to handle snow at all. That and it tends to snow hard when it snows, due to the overall wet climate. Blah blah blah... just wanted to get involved in the conversation... How bout them Kraken?
It’s part of life in my end of country. We go thru 2 sets of tires a year, winter and summer. I have driven in countless winter storms . You coast thru them, u don’t accelerate.

Kraken looking good. Be a MAJOR upset to eliminate Avs. You guys have a great defence. Couple X Oilers helping ya out there, Larsson and Eberle

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Oilers came in league in 79-80. Made playoffs 1st year. Next year, they put out Montreal Canadiens in a 3 game sweep. I was hooked then. I hated the Habs
Scotland eh. Little trivia for ya. My home province, Nova Scotia, means New Scotland in Latin. My home town, is named after one of your cities, Glasgow. We live in New Glasgow
I'm from Glasgow and my family still live there :D I know there's a lot of Scots descendants there from the Highland clearances/famine. there's a lot of Scots too in Vancouver/Victoria that moved over in the 60's and 70's. Have some second cousins and great aunts that moved over then.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I'm from Glasgow and my family still live there :D I know there's a lot of Scots descendants there from the Highland clearances/famine. there's a lot of Scots too in Vancouver/Victoria that moved over in the 60's and 70's. Have some second cousins and great aunts that moved over then.
Ironic
My area I live in is called the Highlands

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Sure. The irony is having some internet bloke falsely tell you that Seattle is in a permanent snow storm when you live there.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Don’t get me started on snow in the Seattle area. A few inches shuts down the area and don't even think about going anywhere if there is ice. People don't know how to drive safely in it let alone no equipment to clear things up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad