GDT: R1G5: SEA @ COL (Series Tied 2-2) | 9:30pm (ET)

TanguaySauce

Better Than BBQ
Jan 3, 2018
Shaolin Island

1682516570141.png

1682516583322.png

1682516597627.png

1682516614659.png

1682516633778.png

1682517303718.png

** Pre-Game Song: "Jumper" - Third Eye Blind **

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
I am feeling kinda optimistic right now. look guys, We played like absolute dog shit last game and lost in overtime. We took 30 minutes to muster 10 shot. If we can show up in the first for a change we can win this. Mikko literally made this game when we had no business being in it. Our top end is just much higher than theirs. If we can play to our ability we can win this. We just need to show up.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I woke up FURIOUS at the NHL for suspending Makar. Nobody knew where the puck was including the MoFo refs which is why the play had not been blown dead. Calling a penalty after the fact is complete BS- they let the play go in real time because nothing happened, but after McCan didn't get off the ice they called Cale for interference. Not only are the on ice officials throwing the game, the league is throwing the series.

Chase Gru, chase the squid, and chase the refs out of the building and into traffic on I-25.

I want to see this team come out with half the fury I feel and lay waste to the squid and the refs.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol it's already 1-0 Kraken and the shots are 10-1 in the first half of the period while the Kraken have had 2 PPs because the Avs can't be bothered to skate hard at the start of games.

5-2 Kraken. Goals from Nate and Mikko but the rest of the team does nothing while the Kraken obliterate the Avs on the forecheck and cycling in the zone.

This series continues to feel very 2021 Vegas-esque.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What's crazy to me is that through 4 games at even strength:

Corsi:
51-49 Colorado

Shots For:
106 - 104 Seattle

Scoring Chances:
93-91 Seattle

High Danger Chances:
50-40 Seattle

Goals For:
8-8

This is as even a series as one can possibly find.

Yet the crazy part is Seattle has played their absolute best through 4 games, while the Avs have been sleepwalking through half the series and only really turned it on for the 2nd half of game 2 and game 3.

If the Avs can just be bothered to increase their "give-a-f**k" level a liiiiiittle bit more, they'll beat Seattle.

After 4 games of them not starting games on time, I'm not convinced it will happen. But IF it does, the Avs can win.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I woke up FURIOUS at the NHL for suspending Makar. Nobody knew where the puck was including the MoFo refs which is why the play had not been blown dead. Calling a penalty after the fact is complete BS- they let the play go in real time because nothing happened, but after McCan didn't get off the ice they called Cale for interference. Not only are the on ice officials throwing the game, the league is throwing the series.

Chase Gru, chase the squid, and chase the refs out of the building and into traffic on I-25.

I want to see this team come out with half the fury I feel and lay waste to the squid and the refs.
Ok but you still can’t hit a dude who lost the puck 3 seconds ago. Just because the whistle wasn’t blown yet doesn’t mean the hit was legal.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

Corsi:
51-49 Colorado

Shots For:
106 - 104 Seattle

Scoring Chances:
93-91 Seattle

High Danger Chances:
50-40 Seattle

Goals For:
8-8

Yet the crazy part is Seattle has played their absolute best through 4 games, while the Avs have been sleepwalking through half the series and only really turned it on for the 2nd half of game 2 and game 3.

If the Avs can just be bothered to increase their "give-a-f**k" level a liiiiiittle bit more, they'll beat Seattle.

After 4 games of them not starting games on time, I'm not convinced it will happen. But IF it does, the Avs can win.
Losing the HDCF cleanly but otherwise not too bad considering the current state of the Avs.

Reactions: dahrougem2

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

Corsi:
51-49 Colorado

Shots For:
106 - 104 Seattle

Scoring Chances:
93-91 Seattle

High Danger Chances:
50-40 Seattle

Goals For:
8-8

I think we could also win if the f***ing PP was working. Or if the PK didn't implode. Compher has the shorty, but I feel he's been very weak on the PK in this series. I would take him off the PK and/or the PP. It could very well be fatigue with how much Bednar uses him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think we could also win if the f***ing PP was working. Or if the PK didn't implode. Compher has the shorty, but I feel he's been very weak on the PK in this series. I would take him off the PK and/or the PP. It could very well be fatigue with how much Bednar uses him.
I don't think the PK has imploded at all. The three Kraken PPGs:

1) Josh Manson doing only god knows what at the end of game 4 leaving Schwartz all alone in front. Avs were in full "DGAF" mode on this PK so late in the game.

2) Sprong perfect shot from the half wall

3) Eberle lucky bounce off of Toews' skate

For the most part the Avs have been very good at killing Kraken PPs. I wouldn't remove Compher at all from the PK. He's one of the reasons it's been so good along with guys like Eller and O'Connor.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I don't think the PK has imploded at all. The three Kraken PPGs:

1) Josh Manson doing only god knows what at the end of game 4 leaving Schwartz all alone in front. Avs were in full "DGAF" mode on this PK so late in the game.

2) Sprong perfect shot from the half wall

3) Eberle lucky bounce off of Toews' skate

For the most part the Avs have been very good at killing Kraken PPs. I wouldn't remove Compher at all from the PK. He's one of the reasons it's been so good along with guys like Eller and O'Connor.
Eller and LoC I agree with, but Compher has had a few missed clears. The OT goal last game would have been a zone exit, but Compher looked completely gassed. He being used to much and we need to reduce his work load. He can't play the minutes Kadri could, but Bednar is using him in every situation.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad