GDT: R1G1 - Predators @ Avalanche - Kicking Off the Real Season - 7:30 PM

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Maybe it's an anecdote, but I traveled to Denver once and watched them at the practice facility, and then waited around after they were leaving to meet everyone. Duchene was the nicest one on to come meet the group of people. The only ones who didn't come over and give autographs/say hi we're MacK and Landy. Sometimes it's probably exhausting doing that so maybe he had an off day. I don't hold it against Landy or MacK

Not to keep piling on him, but Eurolanche had the opposite experience. Basically said he was the only guy that didn't make time for them on their entire trip (which was multiple games) to take a photo or sign something. The brief interactions they did have apparently rubbed them the wrong way.

One thing that stood out to me was that they said they had a few guys who went to Denver as huge Duchene fans and then left really disliking him. Felt like it was more than someone just being tired and politely declining to take a moment with fans.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Boy it's a good thing I was in complete denial about Matthew leaving because if I'd read some of the shite from the last two pages back then I would have called you all some awful names and been banned several times.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Duchene appeared on a podcast called Fore play and it pretty much confirms that duchene wanted out only because he didn’t want to go through another rebuild. Apparently Sakic wanted him to stay and make it work but he was completely set on moving on at that point.
I dont blame him but this is why I love EJ more for sticking it out here even if hes getting 6 million. He wont say it but when those trade rumors started appearing thats when I think he made up his mind he wanted out. I think that really hurt him. Its one thing to have your name in the rumor mill but when its 2/3 of your boyhood idols seemingly behind it it probably hurts extra then to make matters worse the other guy on the poster thinks you should be scratched and not be around the team lol. If Peter Forsberg didnt want me to play I would cry.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I dont blame him but this is why I love EJ more for sticking it out here even if hes getting 6 million. He wont say it but when those trade rumors started appearing thats when I think he made up his mind he wanted out. I think that really hurt him. Its one thing to have your name in the rumor mill but when its 2/3 of your boyhood idols seemingly behind it it probably hurts extra then to make matters worse the other guy on the poster thinks you should be scratched and not be around the team lol. If Peter Forsberg didnt want me to play I would cry.

Dutchy had to have known though that the reason for the trade rumors was probably teams circling a struggling club like vulchers, and trying to pick off their best players. Not that Joe was shopping him.

From all accounts it seemed like Joe really didn't want to trade him and probably wouldn't have if he didn't ask for a trade. He asked for a trade and Joe still almost didn't trade him. MacFarland had to step in and get the deal back on track for a return that was too good to pass up.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Dutchy had to have known though that the reason for the trade rumors was probably teams circling a struggling club like vulchers, and trying to pick off their best players. Not that Joe was shopping him.

From all accounts it seemed like Joe really didn't want to trade him and probably wouldn't have if he didn't ask for a trade. He asked for a trade and Joe still almost didn't trade him. MacFarland had to step in and get the deal back on track for a return that was too good to pass up.
He may or may not have known but he was weak minded back then and just having those rumors around probably hurt him. Then Patrick Roy calls him out for celebrating milestone during a loss lol. I think part of Girards struggles this year stem from the early season trade rumors. He wont admit it but I think it affected his play a little.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He may or may not have known but he was weak minded back then and just having those rumors around probably hurt him. Then Patrick Roy calls him out for celebrating milestone during a loss lol. I think part of Girards struggles this year stem from the early season trade rumors. He wont admit it but I think it affected his play a little.

One thing I do think played a part though was Patrick leaving. It's like your dad setting a bad example right in front of you, and you thinking it's ok to do it yourself. Even though I understand why both wanted to leave.

I definitely think the rumors affected Girard though. I've been saying that for a while. Kind of a different circumstance though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00