GDT: R1:G2 | New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | April 22nd | 7:30 PM | F/5-3 L

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Not sure, but didn't the Rangers tear it down? (The time the sent letter to the fans)...can't remember

As mm11 mentioned, no, not really. Zibanejad, Kreider, and Lindgren were all on that 2018-19 team. Zibanejad and Kreider were the team's leading scorers that year too. They finished 26th in the league while trying to win, announced they were going to rebuild, and then proceeded to just bring in a bunch of players via free agency and trades.

Lafreniere, Kakko, Edstrom, Cuylle, Rempe, Miller, Schneider, and Jones are the drafted players under 25. Miller is the only one that is a really big contributor, right?

So they didn't really do a to the studs rebuild.

I think they're an example of a good re-tool, but I'd expect and Islanders version to take a bit longer simply because they don't have the allure that the Rags have when it comes to attracting players via free agency or trade.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
As mm11 mentioned, no, not really. Zibanejad, Kreider, and Lindgren were all on that 2018-19 team. Zibanejad and Kreider were the team's leading scorers that year too. They finished 26th in the league while trying to win, announced they were going to rebuild, and then proceeded to just bring in a bunch of players via free agency and trades.

Lafreniere, Kakko, Edstrom, Cuylle, Rempe, Miller, Schneider, and Jones are the drafted players under 25. Miller is the only one that is a really big contributor, right?

So they didn't really do a to the studs rebuild.

I think they're an example of a good re-tool, but I'd expect and Islanders version to take a bit longer simply because they don't have the allure that the Rags have when it comes to attracting players via free agency or trade.
Got it...couldn't remember.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
And not one of those teams were a f***ING playoff team when they did their "tear down."
The Isles can reposition this team relatively quickly. They need to move out an alleged top player, get a return on it, then cover with a UFA signing or two. Sunset the aged ones and bring in some higher performers in those slots.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
The Isles can reposition this team relatively quickly. They need to move out an alleged top player, get a return on it,
What’s the point in harping on this when there’s a 0.00% chance it will ever happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad