GDT: R1:G2 | New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | April 22nd | 7:30 PM | F/5-3 L

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
be careful what you wish for as some people thought we would somehow become a better or different franchise if they made the playoffs. We are being out played and exposed by a more talented team and after tonights debacle there is a good chance that we get swept. This team should have been blown up and rebuilt 2 or 3 years ago but hopefully the rebuild finally happens during this upcoming off season and IMO no one is untouchable
then what do you expect? more garbage? more shitty prospects who become nothing? there is no win, the end result is more slop

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Will we reach 1k posts? My guess is we’ll run out of steam, quite similar to this team’s play.

Alright, done for tonight

Reactions: Glorydays22

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
The team as constructed is mentally fragile with some of the same players that Trotz had mentally strong. It’s truly bizarre.

My guess is a number of the ‘leftovers’ just don’t have that extra gear mentally outside a defined system.
Adam Pelech is a shocking. He has declined so much. It’s like if there is a way to make a mistake he will find it. He’s constantly out of position. It’s a tough move to make because of history here but he has to go.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Adam Pelech is a shocking. He has declined so much. It’s like if there is a way to make a mistake he will find it. He’s constantly out of position. It’s a tough move to make because of history here but he has to go.
Where are we trading Pelech to? Utah? Chicago? We are stuck with his contract until the near future.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Pelech and Dobson are simply terrible in the D zone. They both had countless chances all game to clear it and always failed. Please trade Pelech this offseason before the rest of the league realizes he sucks

Reactions: Glorydays22

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I mean we all know we have to make major changes to the roster. But I think what's just as important is we have to change or determine what our team philosophy will be going forward.
Need to focus on what the Canes have done

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
For sure Pelech and Dobson played poorly; but when the D is constantly under that much pressure because the forwards can't sustain any zone time offensively, it is not surprising. This is not just on the D, our forwards are slow and ineffective, save for two or three

Green

Nov 13, 2019
be careful what you wish for as some people thought we would somehow become a better or different franchise if they made the playoffs. We are being out played and exposed by a more talented team and after tonights debacle there is a good chance that we get swept. This team should have been blown up and rebuilt 2 or 3 years ago but hopefully the rebuild finally happens during this upcoming off season and IMO no one is untouchable

As I said with the new arena and the all star game happening there is zero chance the owners are going to go with a rebuild, they are going to f*** this franchise for the next decade just to try and give some illusion of a competitive team to prevent the ticket sales from plummeting, but they will plummet in about 4 years when this is a dead franchise with no future and it will be a long and miserable rebuild and they could lessen the damage if they start it now but there is no chance of that happening

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Nelson disappearing has been the biggest issue with this team. I can’t say I’ve noticed him in a positive way AT ALL
He needs to be traded this offseason, no reason to wait. He’ll be 33 at the start of next season with one year remaining in his deal and is coming off three consecutive season with well over 30 goals. Someone will pay a ton for him and there’s no reason for us to keep him when we aren’t going anywhere and he’s most likely going to regress.
I mean we all know we have to make major changes to the roster. But I think what's just as important is we have to change or determine what our team philosophy will be going forward.
That starts at the top with getting Lou out. Bring in someone with a similar mind to Roy and have them work together to build a team that plays to that strategy. It may not be a talented team because of our restrictions, but running this team back would be a major mistake.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Saw that blown lead coming from a mile away. Hopefully Lou is gone in the offseason and some of this core is shaken up. They will be remembered well but their time has come and gone. Could be some lean years ahead for the Isles faithful.
Cant be any worse than the 90's

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

Please explain, in detail, what your plan is for this supposed rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad