GDT: R1:G2 | New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | April 22nd | 7:30 PM | F/5-3 L

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
I mean at some point, Defense will be played?

Tonight it was optional....
Content to just flub it out of the zone.
If Defense is to be played the way it should be there needs to be some puck possession.
I have never seen a worse performance than this in the 2nd and 3rd periods...

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
It's frustrating that, while realizing this team is not exactly a group of world beaters on paper, after grabbing a 3-0 lead they could've and should've kept up the tenacity and showed some of that pride in the group they've earned at the end of the season. Come home with the 1-1 split even if it wasn't pretty. But they just didn't.

Reactions: Throttle

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Seriously, we need to stop the pain....let's lose the next 2 games and just f***ing turtle all offseason.
I just realized… Lou’s secrecy and waiting to make moves until the end of the offseason is the front office equivalent of turtling

Reactions: MarsTBOW

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
I’ve been watching Hockey for about 45 years now and I don’t ever remember seeing a team get dominated like this one does for stretches that go on for over 20 or 30 minutes… It’s really mind-boggling

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
This one is pretty devastating, they didn’t deserve as they were throughly outplayed but to lose it like that up 3-0 just not sure you recover from that.

You go home. You change your goalie. You get the crowd behind you.

This is playoff hockey man, no babies allowed. They either sack up or we golf. Got two days to stew over this.

We've been 6 feet under 4 times this year and they've pulled something out of it.

Reactions: MattMartin

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What a bunch of nutless wonders. They let the Canes come at them wave after wave without ever trying to counter attack.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
This one is pretty devastating, they didn’t deserve as they were throughly outplayed but to lose it like that up 3-0 just not sure you recover from that.
i do not think so either.....they are done. I will watch, have for ever....but they are done.

On a side....there is definitely something up with Barzal....does not look remotely right skating.

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
I’ve been watching Hockey for about 45 years now and I don’t ever remember seeing a team get dominated like this one does for stretches that go on for over 20 or 30 minutes… It’s really mind-boggling

Do you not remember what we did to the caps round 1 of the bubble?

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
Thoroughly outplayed tonight; didn't deserve any other outcome. I honestly don't think they sat back and stopped pressing - they are just that much worse than the Canes

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Neutral fan here coming to say what everyone on the main board yanking off the Canes won't. You can call the Isles whatever you want for whatever they did... But the Canes are the softest crybaby team out there right now - and I usually like that team.

Canes should be crushing the Isles with that roster of theirs but they just flop around way too much to even respect such a win. I'm not usually the guy to complain about that, but it's blatant with Carolina and it's trash.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Didn't realize Nelson was playing tonight until the empty netter.

Screw Pelech and Dobson. So physically weak. Canes hit Pulock every chance they got. Only right side D man of consequence we have. Bortuzzo going down gave Varly little chance on that goal. Pelech picking up his stick on goal three and Dobson getting out muscled on goal four.

Holmstrom. Why second line? He couldn't handle it at all.

Sitting back with a 3-0 lead. Good plan.

JGP lost every face off on the PP on the right side.

Reactions: Glorydays22

Green

Nov 13, 2019
there's still a small chance to win the home games and force deciding game 7
There is 0% chance, what the Isles did at the end is a sign of a team that has given up, if I was in a state where betting was legal I would empty my bank account and put it on the Canes no matter what the odds are so I could at least get some money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad