GDT: R1:G1 | New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | April 20th | 5 PM | F/L 3-1

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I mean, yeah it was a weak call. But he didn't need to take his hand off his stick and put his arm into the defender either. He could''ve made a more practical decision to not go for the scoring chance and to just use his body to protect the puck going into the corner.
The referee could do their job properly too, that’s an option

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I mean, yeah it was a weak call. But he didn't need to take his hand off his stick and put his arm into the defender either. He could''ve made a more practical decision to not go for the scoring chance and to just use his body to protect the puck going into the corner.
No. Lee made the right decision to go to the net. 100% all day every day.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
If JG is fit I'd consider keeping Holmstrom in ahead of Martin. The latter is a non factor

I thought Martin played well today. The whole fourth line did. I think the key to this series is to wear them down physically if possible and Martin is a key component in that strategy. If he appears tanked in Game 2, then sure, make the change. Otherwise, keep those guys in and decide between Fasching and Holmstrom.

If the rev calls that offsetting hold and embellishment (he did), then the Palms call doesn’t happen bc the player doesn’t embellish.

Yeah, but you can't expect that. They don't even call that in the regular season.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
They played a pretty good game

Bad luck, HORRENDOUS finishing, and the Canes being p***y divers really hurt them

They can win this series, just need to stay out of the box and actually learn how to finish

They aren’t going to just learn how to finish. In the playoffs when both teams are playing hard, talent usually wins out.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Correct which doesn’t bode well for us
I mean I thought Carolina was fine, this is a cup type team which is going to take a Herculean effort for us to beat. Isles were really good controlling breakouts most of game, they got puck out when they had chances. We keep this up we can win a few and keep this series long and perhaps pressure them into imploding.

Reactions: Strummergas

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Carolina executed better today. It’s a shame, because the Isles need to be near perfect to beat this team. Even then…

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Some good things here, but pretty much exactly as expected.

Unfortuantely, Andersen was really good today.

But if our best players don't produce, then this will be a short, short series.

For my taste, too many flubbed pucks by our skill players. And having MacLean (3rd) and Holmstrom (4th) centering these makeshift lines is no solution for more than a game.
The issue for me is that without Pageau the lines are unbalanced. Cizikas on the first line and Fasching on the 2nd line are play killers.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
There's no dignity in losing.
“You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was a 100% effort that you gave—win or lose.”

-Gordie Howe

Svechnikov is a fantastic player. Man, what a gamer. Wish we had him.

Reactions: Potvottier

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
While the Isles had arguably more scoring chances than Canes overall, there was little to no finish, poor luck, particularly on Dobson's left post, and Palmieri putting the puck at the end of his stick. But another problem is the Isles being slower than the Canes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad