News Article: R. Lavoie:"Marc Bergevin not sure he'll name a captain for next season"

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Told y'all so... Subban's diving, slew-footing and farting took him down a few pegs and Pacioretty is a sniper who is not excatly proven in the playoffs - both are not ideal choices for next year. Patches doesn't need the pressure and Subban didn't earn it.

Besides, Price is this team's leader and superstar.

I hate to tell ya, if you ain't doing all that stuff to win ya ain't trying hard enough - INCLUDING the farting

There is no honor in hockey when the likes of kreider can take out your goalie amongst many other goalies with no fear of reprisals

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Or he doesn't see any of the candidates ahead and is giving an honest take on the subject. If didn't want to stir the pot at all, he could've just said "no comment" or "we'll see".

I'd be surprised if Patches doesn't get the C. He's got the classic conservative attitude people seem to like for Captains. He raised his game up this year and it looks like he really wants to become the next Captain. If he has good playoffs, I don't see how he doesn't get it.
Even if he doesn't, I think he'll get it.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
1-Still need to see what will happen in the playoffs. If Patches keeps it up, it's his to lose.

2-Just have the players vote on it during training camp next season.

lxzred

Sep 10, 2008
Victoria
Wasn't lUongo named the Canucks captain a few years ago ? I may be wrong but i'm having some flashbacks of that. Or perhaps it's just my imagination :dunno:

I wouldn't compare the two situations, Luongo was a mercenary brought in to win the cup and anointed saviour and given the C. Price grew up here and is the C with or without the official title.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
1-Still need to see what will happen in the playoffs. If Patches keeps it up, it's his to lose.

2-Just have the players vote on it during training camp next season.

The Journal decided to start dropping newspapers at my door for the next week.
I wish they hadn't...
I started reading De Foy Pedneault Lavoie etc. and am convinced they are all aliens. :laugh:
Where the heck is Touchette?
One item of interest in De Foy column, kind of an excerpt from the Strombo interview.
MB was commenting on parity and using the Kings as an example and stating that we the fanbase
would be claiming Therrien's head if we were just squeaking in.
Solid proof that NO he doesn't read HF. :sarcasm:
Seeing we are claiming his head despite our point total. :laugh:

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Just give the C to everyone atleast once next season. Seriously, there are so many leaders in this team, they really don't need to give anyone a C.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
I'm totally cool with this, since Koivu left it honestly never felt like anyone needed/deserved it over everyone else. I like Gio and all but it didn't feel like he was some supreme leader who earned/needed to be wearing it, and I like the by committee approach and the notion that Price is in fact the captain in all but the official "patch" on the jersey. I dig it. No need to put all this silly focus on one guy for now as if it needs to change his play or his role in the room or on the team and have the media vulture over the 'captain' when things [or his play] isn't going great.

The only way I could see this changing is if somehow some player lifts the team on his shoulders to Cup glory [even thought hat would most likely be Price too! But I mean anyone else], maybe he earns that C through a hard fought postseason. But uhhh *knocks on all the wood in the city* that's dreamin' a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad