Tribute R.I.P. Pred303 (6-7-21)

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Since he posted this on social media I am going to let everyone here know. If this is out of bounds then suspend me, was already planning on taking a real break anyway.

upload_2021-5-29_18-23-55.png

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Devastating. Steve means so much to so many people on these boards. Some got to know him personally from pregame meet ups or through his generosity with tickets.

I lost contact with him since the early years when he gifted me a season ticket book that his son wasn't going to use but always hoped I'd see him at the rink over the last several years that I've had season tickets.

He will be missed

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
Steve, thank you for all the knowledge and friendship you've given to me personally via the various online Predators' boards over the years. You shared with all and did so kindly. I never attended more than 10-15 games a year, and did not often arrive early and head down to the glass for warmups, but I did once and I'm thankful I took the opportunity to meet you in person.

I lost my father almost exactly two years ago to cancer at the young age of 67. I'll never forget my four year-old niece turning to me and the family to tell us that she saw Granddaddy leave with Jesus that morning. It was so earnest and comforting and this passage from John 14:1-4 reminds me of that feeling:
14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

May the peace and comfort of God strengthen and enfold you and your family.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Steve, You influenced an entire fanbase here and I can only imagine through your career and family life how many other people you reached in a variety of other ways. I now hope that you find comfort at the end, and make peace with whatever guides your life, receiving everything that you gave to others tenfold in return.

Personally, as a kid growing up watching and playing the game in a hockey crazy city, I thought I knew a lot about the sport. But I still learned so much more through your postings and our conversations at games. Thank you for being part of this Predators ride for all these years!

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Steve,

It’s been a long time, but your kindness and generosity are two of the things I will always carry with me as memories of our interactions together.

Thank you for dedicating your life to the service of the community and our country, for taking a stand to preserve the history of Murfreesboro, and leaving everywhere you’ve been a better place.

I was at an ECHL game last night in Orlando when one of our mutual friends texted me about this news. I think the setting and the fact that I was there taking my Father in Law to his first game who in is the early stages of battling Alzheimer’s and dementia made this news hit a little harder. But I took that time to pour into sharing my passion for our game and knowledge with him and made a memory for both of us to hold onto. He was engaged and said he really enjoyed the game and it’s complexity immensely!

I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and wish you peace and comfort through this battle. You are a good man and have built a legacy on this World that will carry with all of us throughout the years to come.

Thank you for your friendship! I’ll miss you, Steve. Wishing you peace, love, and comfort, my friend!

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Steve our paths never crossed that I am aware of in the military but none the less we had that bond and never spoke of it to each other. As I remember it was Patty Pred that introduced us at Preds practice im guessing in 99 or 2000.Countless pregames at the Glass sharing our hopes and wringing our hands for just one point tonight to close on the first playoff appearance. We had our disagreements about hockey thats for sure, but thats all part of being a fan. We shared social events one of the best was Masked ball one year at the table 303 Handtrick Fred and Joy and me and the wife. The stories and you and Bryan going at it was hilarious. I recall that night also Scrappy was working the event and she had a huge crush on Jason Arnott, we were talking to here and Arnott was close by I introduced him to Scrappy and thought she was gonna pee herself. So many encounters and sharing the love of this sport. Steve has been a history buff as long as I have known him, writing about the Civil war and the Battle of Stones River in particular. He has been a leader in Rutherford county as well a member of the chamber of commerce since 2000 and his family lived there for many many years.

Interaction with this man in person and thru this forum has been a blessing for many people. And as his life comes to an end we are better for having known him. I have no doubt that he is prepared for his demise. It reminds me of something a Chaplin told us just before the ground war started in 1991 " there are no atheist's in foxholes". I know this to be true as I am certain Steve does as well and he will face this with that peace of mind. We are going to miss the tough old bastard that was always soft spoken and had a wry smile all the time. He lived life well and I wish him peace at this time and in the eternity.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I haven't interacted with Steve either, not in real life, not really even much here, but just reading through all this is inspiring. He has obviously touched a lot of people directly, and in doing so that even touches the rest of us indirectly because it helps to remind us that hockey fandom isn't just anonymous usernames who we don't even really treat as real people most of the time, and that we can aspire to something more.

There should be a builder's category, nameplates in a concourse wall of honor, on boxes or seats, something like that. It sounds like a banner will be raised here in the hearts of Preds fans regardless. May it still be many long months away.
:bow:

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Steve,

I only met you once, during the first few days of this forum... And while we've only crossed paths that one time... your hockey knowledge, insight and spirit have truly blessed me as a Preds fan.

Your work in educating this fan base is something none of us take for granted. There should be an entire freaking area of the arena named after you with how much effort you have put into growing hockey in middle Tennessee.

I don't have words of comfort because I don't know what to say. I only have words of admiration because of the impact you've had on so many people. Thank you.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I haven't interacted with Steve either, not in real life, not really even much here, but just reading through all this is inspiring. He has obviously touched a lot of people directly, and in doing so that even touches the rest of us indirectly because it helps to remind us that hockey fandom isn't just anonymous usernames who we don't even really treat as real people most of the time, and that we can aspire to something more.

There should be a builder's category, nameplates in a concourse wall of honor, on boxes or seats, something like that. It sounds like a banner will be raised here in the hearts of Preds fans regardless. May it still be many long months away.
:bow:
Should be the first number in the rafters imo.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Through Steve, I had the pleasure of meeting many other posters around here. His generosity with tickets was not overlooked. His knowledge of hockey and willingness to share it with a fanbase yearning to learn the game will never be forgotten by so many. I was hoping the Preds would go on a run just for him.

Rest easy my friend. You are a blessing to so many of us.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Steve, you suffered my lack of knowledge in the early days well, on both this forum and the other one. Meeting with you personally was always a treat. I will always regret not being able to get to the arena in time to sit with everyone when 101 was there, but somehow I ended up with the picture! As others have said, you have been a blessing to us and we appreciate you. You are loved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad