R.I.P Gilles Tremblay

habitue*

He would be possibly in HOF if he had a longer carreer. He was super fast and a good scorer. Serious ashtma and skin problems cut short his carreer He was an excellent analyst, the ideal side kick for Lecavalier and Garneau.

Rip

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Awesome memories of Richard Garneau and Gilles Tremblay on Radio Canada on Saturdays 8pm, they were both part of my youth and I will never forget them, just a great voice for hockey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He was one of La Soirée du hockey's class acts that RadCan was known for.

I believe he used to sport that infamous CBC blue blazer, with the exploding pizza logo. He came across as an honest, down-to-earth guy. He was also known as JC Tremblay's brother.

During his first weeks on the job, he committed an embarrassing blunder as he was trying to get accustomed to watching the game from the far away broadcast location that used to be situated in the overhang of the old Forum, while keeping an eye on the tv monitor for replays. He had enthusiastically described a Habs goal, when he turned to the monitor and absent-mindedly forgot to keep watching the ice. The monitor showed the same goalscoring play in real time, not slo-mo, so he ended up thinking that the Habs had scored again. He was startled as he announced that another goal had been scored that was eerily similar to the previous play. He was promptly corrected on air by his broadcast partner, in what was a hilarious rookie moment.

RIP.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lecavalier classic: "La passe à Mahovlich ... Pete celui-là".

Quite the broadcast crew in that other world.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He would be possibly in HOF if he had a longer carreer. He was super fast and a good scorer. Serious ashtma and skin problems cut short his carreer He was an excellent analyst, the ideal side kick for Lecavalier and Garneau.

Rip

Gilles Tremblay IS in the Hall of Fame.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Best Analyst ever. This is extremely sad for me, always bring back memories of me and my dad who also passed away 4 years ago, who used to be an usher at the Forum and Bell Centre. Always wondered where Tremblay was....now I will forever know.

Also learned today that Lionel Duval has Parkinson.....really tough news lately....

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Best Analyst ever. This is extremely sad for me, always bring back memories of me and my dad who also passed away 4 years ago, who used to be an usher at the Forum and Bell Centre. Always wondered where Tremblay was....now I will forever know.

Also learned today that Lionel Duval has Parkinson.....really tough news lately....

Sad to hear that....my dad and I had the same Saturday ritual, horrible news concerning Duval...what next??!! Dick Irving Jr!!

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
05.jpg

That's about as good as it gets for hockey broadcasting in MTL.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'm old enough to have seen Gilles Tremblay throughout his career. He was an excellent two-way player and one of my favorites. When he played with Henri Richard and Bobby Rousseau that line was dazzling. He also played with Jean Béliveau and Claude Provost and they were good at checking Stan Mikita's line.His career was cut short by respiratory problems.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Scored the very first goal ever in the Civic Arena (Mellon Arena) on October 11th, 1967. It WOULD have been the story to talk about, had it not been for Jean Beliveau scoring his 400th career goal, the game-winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad