Confirmed with Link: R.I.P. Denis Brodeur

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
times like this im glad lou has been there for marty all these years...im sure marty and his family will receive wonderful support by Lou

DevilChuk*

I hope we honor Denis before the home opener.

It's insane to think that without ever playing a single game for us, he's actually a huge part of Devils lore/history.

Also speaks to how much Marty means to all of us because quite honestly, I think we're all feeling some semblance of loss right now.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I hope MTL will do something when you guys come play us in the regular season, out of respect for Martin and for all the years Denis spent as the official photographer for the team.

Sincères condoléances

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Leafs fan, coming in peace of course, to pay my respects. Rest in peace Denis, both you and your son have had a lasting impact on the hockey world. Both Marty and Anthony will carry on in your honour.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Such a shame. very sad news. RIP Denis

Never had to watch his son stop

NC107*

Very sad news. My thoughts and prayers to the Brodeur family especially Marty.

RIP Denis Brodeur

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Was Denis a radio commentator for the Canadiens? I swear I remember seeing some segment about Marty back in the mid 90s, and they touched on Denis a little bit too. And I swear they said he was currently the color commentator for the Canadiens, and even the Expos too I think.

This is going back to 95 or 96 so maybe I'm remembering wrong. It might have just said he was the photographer for the Canadiens/Expos, but I'm remembering something about commentary on the radio too.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Denis_zps48b4d864.jpg~original

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
His work was pretty darn good.

There's this giant hockey store up in Laval that I used to buy my hockey equipment at, and they always had some of Richard Brodeur's framed work for sale on the wall, and it was always signed by him in the lower corner.

A lot of it was pictures of Martin, and I would love to have bought a picture or two, but I was young and poor. :(

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
My sympathies to the Brodeur family. Denis was a legend in the sports world in his own right. His photography captured many iconic moments in hockey history and his cheerfulness will be missed. RIP.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
I don't bother many people for autographs, but I saw Denis and Claude Brodeur in the parking lot of CAA about 15 years ago and said hi. Denis signed the inside of my cap.

ZP0uXAwl.jpg

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
RIP Denis Brodeur.

Great photographer, great bronze-winning goalie and of course most importantly - great Dad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad