Former Bruins R.I.P. Bobby Miller

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Boston Bruins Alumni

It is with sadness that we share with you Bruins Alumni member, Bobby Miller has passed away at the age of 64.
Bobby played four seasons with the Bruins from the 1977-1981. He was the youngest member of the 11 players to score 20 goals during the 1977-1978 season -- a record that still stands after more than 40+ years.
We are awaiting the full obituary and will share it with you when received. It is our understanding, a celebration of life will be celebrated at a later date.
Please keep his in family in your thoughts and prayers.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Bobby played four seasons with the Bruins from the 1977-1981. He was the youngest member of the 11 players to score 20 goals during the 1977-1978 season -- a record that still stands after more than 40+ years.

Funny story in " Grapes " about Miller being the last Bruin to score 20 goals and finally doing near the end of the season in his home town of Toronto. :thumbu:

51DsG9PMTkL.__AC_SY445_QL70_ML2_.jpg

aguineapig

Goodbye Bobby. I first saw him during his UNH days. For years New Hampshire Public TV would air UNH hockey on Saturday night. I first saw Bobby Miller there, as a Freshman he set a then UNH record with 59 pts. He was dominant at the college level, he just blew past defenders. The next year 1976, he played for the US national team and in the Olympics. He was drafted by Boston that summer. He joined in the 77-78 season.When Johnny Peirson would speak of him it was always " Billerica's own Bobby Miller". It was in the days of few American skaters, Mike Milbury was the only other Bruin at the time from the US. He was the final twenty goal scorer of eleven that year that set an NHL record. He was a member of the Lunch Pail AC, he was one of us, he was Billerica's Own Bobby Miller.

StrBender

Mar 7, 2005
North Shore, MA
WOW! I was a goalie in my younger years and played in the same youth hockey league a Bobby. I remember one game when we where midgets/U18 I was setting up for one of his incoming rockets of a shot when I blinked and as they say, it was in the net. The rest of the game turned into one of the best games I ever played. We lost 1-0 and from time to time I would see Bobby and his brother Paul (who played at BU) and I would tell them I spotted them a goal only because I believed my team could score a couple. I guess I was wrong that day! :) It's a shame that he's gone.

RIP Bobby

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Rest In Peace.

Such a weird feeling thinking of him passing (and being 64) for me because I don’t think I’ve seen him via picture or on TV since his playing days, so the only picture of him in my mind is him in his 20’s.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Goodbye Bobby. I first saw him during his UNH days. For years New Hampshire Public TV would air UNH hockey on Saturday night. I first saw Bobby Miller there, as a Freshman he set a then UNH record with 59 pts. He was dominant at the college level, he just blew past defenders. The next year 1976, he played for the US national team and in the Olympics. He was drafted by Boston that summer. He joined in the 77-78 season.When Johnny Peirson would speak of him it was always " Billerica's own Bobby Miller". It was in the days of few American skaters, Mike Milbury was the only other Bruin at the time from the US. He was the final twenty goal scorer of eleven that year that set an NHL record. He was a member of the Lunch Pail AC, he was one of us, he was Billerica's Own Bobby Miller.

He was still 18 when named to the US Pre Olympic Team.

That 1976-77 UNH Team was loaded with NHL players
including Rod Langway. Was one of the best Eastern
College Teams of the 1970's.

I believe he scored 7 goals in a State HS Tourney Game.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I was just talking to DKH last week about that 1981 team that got wiped out in the playoffs by the Minnesota North Stars ,I took that loss harder than the infamous too many men on the ice a few years earlier
I remember Miller quite fondly being a local kid in all,excellent skater for his time,goals dried up near the end and getting swept by Minnesota was the beginning of the end for many of my favorites from those late 70s teams
RIP Bob and thanks for the memories

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad