Quinton Howden

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
anyone know if this kid will live up to the hype? went 1st overall in the WHL Bantam Draft last year, has been talked about as the next Ryan Getzlaf.
hes a 92 born so i think hes eligible for the 2010 draft.
his draft year he put up 121 g 76a in 51 games.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I certainly hope so. Didn't have the best start to his junior career, going pointless in 5 I think, but it was also his first games, so he didn't get much ice time at all, and it's way early... I think he'll be an excellent player... he's got great, great potential, with his size.

Canuck71*

His stats in his draft year were nuts. Hopefully he will start to click in the WHL next year, could turn out to be a very very good player.

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
I certainly hope so. Didn't have the best start to his junior career, going pointless in 5 I think, but it was also his first games, so he didn't get much ice time at all, and it's way early... I think he'll be an excellent player... he's got great, great potential, with his size.

ya he was called up for moose jaw probably during christmas time when most call ups are made and i would assume he came after his midget season was finished.

Jawafa

Jul 30, 2007
Manitoba
anyone know if this kid will live up to the hype? went 1st overall in the WHL Bantam Draft last year, has been talked about as the next Ryan Getzlaf.
hes a 92 born so i think hes eligible for the 2010 draft.
his draft year he put up 121 g 76a in 51 games.

those stats are bull ****, i played in the same league as him lthat year and there is no way he got that many points, unless his team played in tournaments where they scored 15 goals per game

hockey-hoser

Mar 16, 2006
those stats are bull ****, i played in the same league as him lthat year and there is no way he got that many points, unless his team played in tournaments where they scored 15 goals per game

I somewhat agree - I saw many of his games that year and last season in AAA, and his draft year was all about "phantom points" to get him more attention. There is no doubt the kid is good, and he will be a WHL star, but he did not score that many points 2 years ago...

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Bump, Could anyone give me a scouting report on Quinton? would be much appreciated :).

arsmaster*

Bump, Could anyone give me a scouting report on Quinton? would be much appreciated :).

6'3" 180lbs - big frame that can fly.

Good release on snap shot.

Has vastly improved play in both ends.

You know the kid has character,. if you dont check this out: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=521850

A first rounder for sure - may not become the typical Power forward, but will easily make in the NHL IMO.

There seems to be a glut of big, speedy forwards whose offensive potential is high, but is largely untapped - Howden and Watson come to mind right away.

RangerRed

Jan 23, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I've only seen Howden play three times, so maybe my notes won't be as comprehensive as others.

First, he's big and his feet are just great. He accelerates well, he's got a great cruising speed and he's technically proficient. In the Prospects Game, he seemed to have a small issue with balance but I attribute that to his frame. He's on the high side of 6'2" but only 180 pounds. With his build, his playing weight is probably closer to 200 and with the breadth of his shoulders, a lot of that is gonna be core strength, lowering his centre of gravity.

Second, he's got some proficiency with the puck. He won't make his living off creativity but his hockey sense is developing well and he can get off a good wrister.

The best view I got of him was at the Prospects Game when I recall him splitting a couple defenders (I believe it was Beukeboom and Petrovic) and walking in for a shot. Looking at ISS, CSB and other lists, I think I'm a little higher on him than others seem to be.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I've only seen Howden play three times, so maybe my notes won't be as comprehensive as others.

First, he's big and his feet are just great. He accelerates well, he's got a great cruising speed and he's technically proficient. In the Prospects Game, he seemed to have a small issue with balance but I attribute that to his frame. He's on the high side of 6'2" but only 180 pounds. With his build, his playing weight is probably closer to 200 and with the breadth of his shoulders, a lot of that is gonna be core strength, lowering his centre of gravity.

Second, he's got some proficiency with the puck. He won't make his living off creativity but his hockey sense is developing well and he can get off a good wrister.

The best view I got of him was at the Prospects Game when I recall him splitting a couple defenders (I believe it was Beukeboom and Petrovic) and walking in for a shot. Looking at ISS, CSB and other lists, I think I'm a little higher on him than others seem to be.

6'3" 180lbs - big frame that can fly.

Good release on snap shot.

Has vastly improved play in both ends.

You know the kid has character,. if you dont check this out: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=521850

A first rounder for sure - may not become the typical Power forward, but will easily make in the NHL IMO.

There seems to be a glut of big, speedy forwards whose offensive potential is high, but is largely untapped - Howden and Watson come to mind right away.

Thanks gusy, sound like he'd be a good pick for the Pens, Is he likely to be available late in the First Round?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad