• Pre Draft potential

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
So many Quinn Hughes comparison threads. Let's compare Quinn Hughes to himself.

How do people see him, pre draft vs now?

Is the current Quinn Hughes better because he has shown his skillset widely, or is the predraft Quinn Hughes better in your view because you did not see his current defensive struggles?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
He's come as expected imo
Very fluid skater with great vision/passing that comes with major lapses in defensive play

But he'd definitely would go top 5 in a redraft

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Current, for sure.

Also - i don't get the "top 5". To me in a redraft Hughes is a very very strong contender for #1. I could see still preferring Dahlin, but it would be close. Simply saying top 5 doesn't do him justice.

Reactions: Play

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I honestly didn't think he'd be as good as he's been so far. So "current" for sure. He's still got the big limitations to his defensive game that i was worried about, but the dynamic offensive ability has translated in a way that kinda supersedes those other liabilities.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Hughes’ defensive game is becoming very underrated. He was actually quite good last year, his stick work was exceptional, but he seems to have regressed this year.

But is it because he regressed? Or is it because he downgraded from Tanev to Benn, is in a bit of a sophomore slump, and the Canucks in general have been a systematic nightmare? I’m going with the latter.

He’s never going to be a top defensive player, but I think he’s progressing way better in that regard than most players his age. Most 21 year old defensemen have a hard time playing defense in the NHL, Hughes was actually quite good in comparison and scored at a 60-65 point pace to boot. Imagine he went to a team with a legit No. 1 defenseman, he’d be an exceptional No 2 as is. But, the Canucks don’t, so we play him 23 minutes per night with garbage partners.

In a re-draft he’d go top 3 and would be in contention for 1OA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad