What option would you take?

• Total voters

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Definitely would take Hughes.

Gotta love the upside of the top-5 of this draft, but you can’t pass on a more proven phenomenal young talent, in Hughes.

Yup. You know the floor with Hughes is a Letang type #1D. If you surround him with the right kind of talent, he can be the best d-man on a Cup winning team. However, I don't think Hughes will ever be the best player at any position on a Cup team. Byfield and Stutzle could be that, but they could also be 2nd liners. Hughes is part of the puzzle to making a Cup team. Take the sure thing.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
depends what lafreneier becomes. if its a perennial 100+pt guy those are harder to come across than 55pt dmen

yeah Hughes so far has majorly exceeded expectations, and the future looks very bright. Comparing his value to a still unproven - yet great 1st overall pick - is not too crazy far off.

Lafreniere > Hughes for value, but it's not as slam dunk as you'd expect.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Hughes, what are the chances that pick has a better career than Hughes? Like 25% maybe.

Hughes is a player teams would be happy to get 1st overall most years.

I'd take Hughes over Lafreniere.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
depends what lafreneier becomes. if its a perennial 100+pt guy those are harder to come across than 55pt dmen

hughes had 55 points this year already in a shortened season as a 19-20 year old rookie. he was on pace for 67 in his rookie year on a bad team.

thats more than Elias Pettersson had in his rookie season at the same age

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Any of the upcoming top 5 picks are by far better than Hughes..
That's absurd. Hughes is easily the #2 if not #1 player in his draft, knowing what we know now.

Lafreniere is the only guy I'd take over Hughes.

Mar 26, 2010
Good ole IPS! Where’s HolyMakinaw and Hollywood North with their objective and well thought out views. :laugh:
Why are you calling me out in your post. Don't!

I don't care about your overrated players in Vancouver.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Any of the upcoming top 5 picks are by far better than Hughes..

upload_2020-7-1_22-45-44.gif

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
That's absurd. Hughes is easily the #2 if not #1 player in his draft, knowing what we know now.

Lafreniere is the only guy I'd take over Hughes.

I think I would probably take Stutzle or Byfield, but it's so hard to say based on one season. If Q. Hughes exceeds expectations again and repeats this season, I could see the argument for taking him over those two stud Cs.

I don't see why anyone would take Q. Hughes or Laf at this point, but I am really high on Laf. I think he is going to be a Pastrnak type talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad