Quinn hughes will he be top 5 in d men scoring

• Total voters

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
I hope he’s top 5.
I don’t see a slump in his horizon.

I like seeing great players continue being great.
Just because they don’t play on my team doesn’t mean I want them to suck. I don’t get people like that.
That’s crazy

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think you're underrating Vegas' ability to pressure. I'd argue they are the best pressure team in the NHL and did something similar to Heiskanen, who only had 1 point in the series against them. I don't think other teams have the system or the personnel to employ a similar strategy. Hughes basically got the best test course you could get in terms of facing pressure in Vegas/St Louis 2 of the league's best.

You're right, Vegas is probably the best team at deploying that strategy against Hughes and other teams aren't going to be as successful. I didn't mean to imply that he would struggle, as he's too talented for that, but I think even still though, teams might do a better job at taking away his time and space and he'll have to adapt somewhat. Someone mentioned his button-hook move above and players will probably be more aware of it now for instance. To be honest though, I had a brainfart and forgot about divisional play while writing that. The Canadian teams should definitely offer less resistance this year.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
He may struggle in some aspects, namely defensively as one might expect given his stature but he's still going to be an elite puckmover and playmaker, so no worries there.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Don't think so, he's just too skilled and the North Div is so bad defensively, he gets to play against Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto all year.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
He may struggle in some aspects, namely defensively as one might expect given his stature but he's still going to be an elite puckmover and playmaker, so no worries there.
It's basically this.

He leads all d-men in scoring, but is dead last in the league with -13. Do you call it a slump? I mean, it's not a scoring slump, but in no way is he a finished product, nor a complete player.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
20210213_091623.jpg

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Makar
Hughes
Karlsson
Josi

are gonna be there imo, 4 of the most talented defenceman in the league

5th member could be any of Carlson, Hamilton, Hedman
Not sure why you have the highest scoring defenseman of the last three season in Carlson as the 'possibly fifth' option

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
Quinn will likely slump for a year or two though improve along the way

Vancouver was not as good as they played last year (some high %s) as well as losing 2-3 key guys from that team

I think Vancouver fans expected a faster rebuild and were thrown a mirage. I have Vancouver on the same rebuild finish line as NJ and Buffalo

Reactions: bh53

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Quinn will get his points no doubt. Barring injury I don't see him outside the top 5. The Canucks as a whole have been a tire fire defensively which has been leading to management/coaching change. Defensively, Hughes has gone from acceptable to eaten alive.

Not a sophomore slump offensively but yes defensively.

Reactions: bh53

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Very nice goal by Hughes last night. Liked the sell on the pass. Faked the goalie and a nice shot. Good on him. Canucks need some life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad