QuickDontPlayThePuck Hockey Pool all-purpose thread (6 spots left)

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
The pool rules are as follows:

1. Anyone is welcome to participate. There are 6 more slots left. You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be ejected at any time. Also, please keep in mind that the pool will last through the playoffs also.

2. Draft

On a specific day (which will be mentioned ahead of time) this thread will be the place to be for the draft. We will follow the same format as last year. The order that was drawn will be the order the members choose their player. After everyone has chosen in the first round, the order will be reversed. Alternating from round to round. You may choose any position in any round when it is your turn. In the end, you should have 6 forwards, 4 defensemen and 1 goalie. The thread will be monitored during the draft days so that it can go smoothly and the first post will have an updated roster for each team (Much thanks in advance to those who will help with that!) I'll send out reminder PMs the day before and when needed during the draft for people to make their selections.
If you will be absent during a period of time, you should make an ordered list of players you would like selected and either PM me or someone else who'd you'd like to make the selection on your behalf. The draft will conclude when everyone has made their picks. Then it is time to wait.

3. Points

1 point per actual point earned by the forwards, defensemen, and goalie
2 points per win.
5 points per shutout.
The points will be updated regularly.

4. Trades

There will be no trades.

5. Injuries & Dropping Players

Should a player become injured, you have the option of either dropping the player and picking up a new undrafted player or keeping him through the injury.
You cannot go back to an injured player after he is dropped. This applies to the other teams as well. There are no limits to the amount of roster changes you make. But obviously you must always have the same number of forwards and defensemen at all times.

Once a player is dropped and a new one chosen, you will henceforth be getting any points the new player earns. You will not get their previous points added to your total. I will count all points starting from the time the new player is picked. If you pick a player during a game and he happens to get 3 points, it doesn't count. Sorry.

We were pretty good with updates to injured players in here last year so if you see relevant information pertaining to injury, feel free to post it in here. It wouldn't hurt either to keep yourself updated every now and then on your own team.

Injuries to goalies will be dealt with like this. Each starter will have a backup - the actual backup of the team. The only way that the backup may pick up points for your team is if your starter is not dressed due to injury. If he is sitting on the bench, dressed, it does not count towards your total.
I'd like to point it out now should the issue arise (I don't think it will though) but in the case of two possible backups, only 1 will be counted. Off the top of my head I cannot think of this being an issue but I just want to put it out there to clarify.

6. Tie Breaker and Update Order
In the case of a tie at the end of the playoffs, goals for will be used.
When listing the teams in the regular updates, alphabetical order will be used in the case of two or more teams with the same amount of points.

Players:

1. Mathradio (pool commissioner)
2. TBLbrian

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad