Quick with 12 PIMs so far.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Just browsing stats and noticed Quick has 12 PIMs! I'd be curious to see other recent goalies and their PIM totals in recent years. I love goalies with some bite to them. Although it can be dangerous having your goalie involved in rough stuff - do you enjoy it or prefer a goalie to keep to himself?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Just browsing stats and noticed Quick has 12 PIMs! I'd be curious to see other recent goalies and their PIM totals in recent years. I love goalies with some bite to them. Although it can be dangerous having your goalie involved in rough stuff - do you enjoy it or prefer a goalie to keep to himself?

Martin Gerber made a save and his rebound was cleared out of the zone. The senators got possession and were probably at center ice when one of the opposing players who was caught behind Gerber's net decided to push the net off the stop Ottawa's rush. Gerber received a 2 minute minor for delay of game. Gerber was pretty pissed and he was aggressively arguing with the ref but he looked like he got over it. Then the opposing team scored on the power play and he lost it. He literally tried to attack the ref and had to be held back. He subsequently received a game misconduct and had to be physically removed from the game because he was so irate. I loved it because for years ottawa fans have argued the refs are biased toward the senators and gerber finally stood up to them.

Anderson who is probably the best goalie in Senators history is pretty calm and chill and i find myself wanting him to be more assertive towards opposing players who crash the crease or bang into him.

Last edited:

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Meh...I guess that is a lot for a goalie (especially nowadays), but he'll never get to Ron Hextall level. 3 consecutive seasons of over 100 PIM!

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Martin Gerber made a save and his rebound was cleared out of the zone. The senators got possession and were probably at center ice when one of the opposing players who was caught behind Gerber's net decided to push the net off the stop Ottawa's rush. Gerber received a 2 minute minor for delay of game. Gerber was pretty pissed and he was aggressively arguing with the ref but he looked like he got over it. Then the opposing team scored on the power play and he lost it. He literally tried to attack the ref and had to be held back. He subsequently received a game misconduct and had to be physically removed from the game because he was so irate. I loved it because for years ottawa fans have argued the refs are biased toward the senators and gerber finally stood up to them.

Anderson who is probably the best goalie in Senators history is pretty calm and chill and i find myself wanting him to be more assertive towards opposing players who crash the crease or bang into him.

Wasn't he a Maple Leaf at the time of that incident? Or was he tossed from a game for making contact with a ref more than once in his career?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Wasn't he a Maple Leaf at the time of that incident? Or was he tossed from a game for making contact with a ref more than once in his career?

More than once. The Leaf one came when he was clearly interefered with, it went uncalled, and he got thrown out for bumping the ref and suspended 3 games. CuJo came in relief when that happened (1-1, late in the 3rd) and won it in a SO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad