Value of: Quick + Toffoli to Colorado

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Wrong.

His cap hit is still the same. So to a cap team, it doesn't matter what his real money changes to.

And when you say his cost is small....what is that expected cost?

In this situation, the Kings would retain a percentage that would leave the current "base salary" amount. Simple, right?

The Kings would be on the hook for a percentage that equals zero for them and my starting offer would be 2 2nds +/- a prospect.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
In other words, you don't have an answer to the question, because you made up a complete strawman when you entered this thread just so you could act offended. Got it, thanks for your time.
For the third time, I said the Sens first.Lol

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Avs44

May 16, 2011
For the third time, I said the Sens first.Lol

Good for you.

I haven't asked what you think it would take. I asked you to define, specify, and give examples of the "garbage" that has been offered for Quick and Toffoli which you were ranting about on the first page.

"It would take the Sens 1st" is not an answer to that question.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
In this situation, the Kings would retain a percentage that would leave the current "base salary" amount. Simple, right?

The Kings would be on the hook for a percentage that equals zero for them and my starting offer would be 2 2nds +/- a prospect.
sorry...can you clarify with real numbers.

His cap hit is 5.8 million per year.
His real money is 7, 3.5. 3 and 2.5 the 4 years after this year.
You can retain 2.9 million....leaving 2.9 for his cap hit.
You actually think LA will want to retain that for 4 years? I don't.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Quick + Toffoli @ 50% for Colorado’s 1st and one of Timmins/Makar/Kaut, plus any cap dumps necessary to make it work.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
There are many reasons why Quick will more than likely remain a King, and being a franchise icon isn't one of them. He's not a UFA. He's going to be 33, with 4 years left on his contract(with $7m actual dollars still coming to him next year), and he doesn't have a former team he played for like Luongo did. I would guess the Kings aren't going to want to retain on him. Certainly nothing significant anyway.

Toffoli is a buy low opportunity. He's got talent, but he's a completely dependent winger. He's not fast enough to create his own shots. If he's not scoring, he's not doing anything. No goals in his last 14 playoff games.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Avs wouldn't need anything retained on Quick or Toffoli, nor need to send any cap dumps back, incidentally. The team had 11.5 million in cap space to start the year, and their pro-rated space is currently about 25 million for this season. Quick's 5.8m long term would just replace the 5.9m they've been paying Varly since 2014, and he's a pending UFA. Toffoli is only about 700k more expensive than Wilson, who's also a pending UFA.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Tyson Jost is producing similarly to Toffoli this season and is 6 years younger. Toffoli would be a fine addition but not for any high quality pieces. Quick would be the "prize" here for the Avs.

If the Avs were truly going for it this season and these two were the targets and didn't want to give up roster players.

Kaut/Jost, Meloche/Timmins, and Colorado's 1st with top 10 protection would be the most I'd pay. Makar and the Sens 1st would rightfully be off the table for anything LA has not named Doughty.

I’d take Meloche, Jost and Av’s 1st with that stipulation for Quick and Toffoli.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
There are many reasons why Quick will more than likely remain a King, and being a franchise icon isn't one of them. He's not a UFA. He's going to be 33, with 4 years left on his contract(with $7m actual dollars still coming to him next year), and he doesn't have a former team he played for like Luongo did. I would guess the Kings aren't going to want to retain on him. Certainly nothing significant anyway.

Toffoli is a buy low opportunity. He's got talent, but he's a completely dependent winger. He's not fast enough to create his own shots. If he's not scoring, he's not doing anything. No goals in his last 14 playoff games.
majority of teams dont care about actual dollars but they do care about cap which his is excellent, a player doesn't need to have a former team to be traded... and other than kopitar all of the kings fowards havent scored these last two years of playoffs.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
majority of teams dont care about actual dollars but they do care about cap which his is excellent

A lot of teams do though. The problem might not be the cap hit, but it is the years. 4 more years for a 33 year old. That's a lot for any team to invest in.

a player doesn't need to have a former team to be traded

No, but it helped in Luongo's situation, which is similar to Quick's. An older goalie with many years left on his deal. The Panthers had an emotional connection to Luongo. They could sell that. If Quick goes somewhere, and isn't the Quick from 5 or 7 years ago, people won't be as happy, or forgiving. Especially if the team actually gives up something of real value for him.

and other than kopitar all of the kings fowards havent scored these last two years of playoffs.

That's true. Not sure that fact helps pump up his value though.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Anyone trading for these players would expect to pay 2018 prices. Especially in the case of Quick where his age and the rules regarding pad size might have permanently moved him to a lower level of play.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Then if their garbage then no need to ask for availability.Might as well just close this thread.
Garbage in Garbage out I suppose.
I did have them rated slighly higher than garbage FTR
Quick I can see getting back to form
Toffoli didn't look anything special last season and it looks to have carried over to this one

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
:laugh: I guess quality and garbage is to hard for you to understand.You may want to look both words up in the Webster dictionary for hints lol.Then look at your propects and draft picks and figure out what is garbage and what is quality assets.Good luck

You may want to not tell other posters to look up words in Webster's dictionary when you misspell the word "to" in the very same post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad