Quick receives game misconduct for abuse of official

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Just looking at the current stats and since he does play better after he gets pissed. If this was truly getting pissed and not just blowing steam, how much better can he play?
He's already riding a 1.60 and .947.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
The sharks won two games last night, First they won the game and then they won when quick flew off the handle and lost his composer. He needs to mature a little bit and remember he sets the tone for the team. Now the sharks know they can get to him, and he needs to drop his prima donna attitude and let his PLAY do the talking.

You're correct in that the Sharks won the game. The rest of your post couldn't be further from the truth.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
The sharks won two games last night, First they won the game and then they won when quick flew off the handle and lost his composer. He needs to mature a little bit and remember he sets the tone for the team. Now the sharks know they can get to him, and he needs to drop his prima donna attitude and let his PLAY do the talking.

But the fish didn't get to him at all where it matters. They still couldn't get anything but one goal by him without having a two man advantage.

JQ has lost his temper one time. I think he was right in doing so and since it is the only time he has done this as a pro I think it shows how terrible a job had been done and that it might actually carry a little weight.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

You understand that when Quick gets pissed he plays better?
And making it know how he feels about being hit when the other goalie has his own player questionably run the player into him and gets a call. He's tying to set it up for later games.

This is excatly what Blues fans thought after he started smacking Perron every chance he got...

You don't simple "get to Quick"...he is just like Roy in that way. The way you get to both of them is by making them play the puck:laugh:

:cry:

vital

Jun 23, 2010

Thats too bad, I was looking forward to his new Jazz album.

Anyways, Quick always plays his same stellar play, if not even better, after he loses his composure. And if anything, it will add fire to the team's spirit.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This is excatly what Blues fans thought after he started smacking Perron every chance he got...

You don't simple "get to Quick"...he is just like Roy in that way. The way you get to both of them is by making them play the puck:laugh:

:cry:

I was thinking that last night then realized it would be a sacrilege anywhere but on the Kings board. Quick reminds me of an American Roy. ;)

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
I was thinking that last night then realized it would be a sacrilege anywhere but on the Kings board. Quick reminds me of an American Roy. ;)

Thought the same thing.

I think his D needs to start a scrum every time they get close to Quick. Man I miss Greene right now. I think they're getting away with it because we aren't pushing them around. I'd be fine activating Nolan to get a few 10 minute misconducts by going after a player who did that, provided Nolan could get the W in a fight and get their players to drop the gloves to also take them off the ice.

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
The only team that I can think of that gets overly emotional about ref's and fairness then blows it's whole game is the Coyotes.

They also have the only goalie I can think of like that too.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Shhhhhh....don't tell Rangers fans. Lundqvist is teh best evvvvvveeeeeer.

Thankfully, those threads disappear momentarily when he gets blown up ;)

Was hoping they'd get more head-to-head opportunities, but a goaltender as great as Quick will continue to prove people wrong. It's in his nature, and I love it.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Has anyone seen Mozart? Maybe it was Bach?

Quick will be fine.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Quick is not Mike Smith. He won't let his temper get in the way. He'll be fine. If anything, it could make him better.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Saw the clip of Quick after the OT loss on Coach's Corner and all Quick did was bolt at the ref and have a few heated words with him, and that was it. He didn't physically confront the ref, so no big deal. I like that he hates to lose. I wish we saw some damn emotion from Brown or Kopitar who look like zombies out there.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign

The only way that is true is if it were actually in the game.

He did let his play do the talking. Prima Donna? wow you seriously need to check some stats and check the timing of the occurrence of his infraction.

Thank you and good bye.:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad