Quick receives game misconduct for abuse of official

FPotvin39

Pad Stacker
Jan 18, 2007
So Cal
Jonathan Quick could be subject to supplemental discipline for his actions following the Los Angeles Kings 2-1 overtime loss to the San Jose Sharks on Saturday.

The Kings were beaten on a goal by Logan Couture after the Sharks played the entire 89 seconds of overtime on the power play. The Kings were received penalties for both hooking and goaltender interference in the final minute of regulation play.

After conceding the game winner, Quick immediately skated out of his crease and was visibly upset.

Quick was assessed a 10-minute and game misconduct after the whistle. According to multiple reports the penalties were for abuse of an official.

According to Rule 39.5 of the NHL Rule Book a game misconduct for abuse of an official may be subject to supplemental discipline.

Game 4 between the Kings and Sharks is scheduled for Tuesday in San Jose.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=423529

KingKopitar11*

Wilson's probably working the phones for sure with Torres ^.

Ron*

Maybe the Kings can get Doug Wilson to write an opinion piece on how so "grossly unfair" it was to assess Quick a game misconduct.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
@helenenothelen

no supplementary discipline for Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick, who got game misconduct Sat nite for verbal abuse of an official.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I bet he was pissed that the Sharks ran into him at least two times last night and there was never a call. Yet when Lewis did it, the Sharks got a 5 on 3.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
@helenenothelen

no supplementary discipline for Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick, who got game misconduct Sat nite for verbal abuse of an official.

Shocking!!!

Ref: "That Quick guy called me a @##@$! and a ^%*)(#."

NHL Offices: Well yeah, and about your Game 4 assignment...

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I bet he was pissed that the Sharks ran into him at least two times last night and there was never a call. Yet when Lewis did it, the Sharks got a 5 on 3.

That's it in a nutshell. The TSN highlights show him skating off and lobbing some serious comments as the ref skates by . Don't blame him one bit.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
WHile it doesn't pay to argue with the officials JQ was perfectly right to do so. The Sharks are taking the "Lets just play like crap and run Quick whenever we can because we have no other hope of beating them fairly" stand.

They are a bush league group of worthless garbage who cant beat us fairly so they will play dirty. They have already proven that now over the past two games.

It will make gutting these guppies all the sweeter. JQ may have lost it after the game but not during it. He was again exceptional.

F the fish.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
WHile it doesn't pay to argue with the officials JQ was perfectly right to do so. The Sharks are taking the "Lets just play like crap and run Quick whenever we can because we have no other hope of beating them fairly" stand.

They are a bush league group of worthless garbage who cant beat us fairly so they will play dirty. They have already proven that now over the past two games.

It will make gutting these guppies all the sweeter. JQ may have lost it after the game but not during it. He was again exceptional.

F the fish.

There are times when a pro athlete has to get the officials' attention and let them know he isn't happy about the way the game is being called. A lot of it is gamesmanship, and there's nothing wrong with it.

I won't be surprised if the NHL tells the refs to watch it a little closer as I am sure Dean has spoken to someone about it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There are times when a pro athlete has to get the officials' attention and let them know he isn't happy about the way the game is being called. A lot of it is gamesmanship, and there's nothing wrong with it.

I won't be surprised if the NHL tells the refs to watch it a little closer as I am sure Dean has spoken to someone about it.

If I'm Deano, I talk to the reffing supervisor and say you have my word that I will not bother you about anything else in this entire series if you just keep them off our best player.

Roxo

Feb 3, 2007
Pearl Harbor, HI
The sharks won two games last night, First they won the game and then they won when quick flew off the handle and lost his composer. He needs to mature a little bit and remember he sets the tone for the team. Now the sharks know they can get to him, and he needs to drop his prima donna attitude and let his PLAY do the talking.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
The sharks won two games last night, First they won the game and then they won when quick flew off the handle and lost his composer. He needs to mature a little bit and remember he sets the tone for the team. Now the sharks know they can get to him, and he needs to drop his prima donna attitude and let his PLAY do the talking.

You understand that when Quick gets pissed he plays better?
And making it know how he feels about being hit when the other goalie has his own player questionably run the player into him and gets a call. He's tying to set it up for later games.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Quick's always been like this. It's not like it's a new thing. He hates losing and is very passionate about his game. I expect him to remain stellar. Hope the Kings get a little more fire going on their end so he doesn't have to do it for them.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

He has. Not a single goal was a result of him losing his cool. And he has a right to be pissed off. It took a 5 on 3 in ot to beat him due to a questionable goalie interference call, when goalie contact was being ignored all game long.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: