Management Questions Media Should Ask Sweeney at 6:30 Deadline Presser

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Pretty simple:

As a question here you'd hope the reporters would ask Sweeney at the media availability today at 6:30. You can be serious and give actual questions you think he'd answer OR have some fun with it and ask questions here to lighten the mood here on HF!

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I mean... day before deadline, Sweeney should be working the phones, not talking to the media!

(It's not a huge deal... but unless he's got something lined up, it looks even worse if he doesn't do anything to waste time telling the media he's not doing anything).

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I mean... day before deadline, Sweeney should be working the phones, not talking to the media!

(It's not a huge deal... but unless he's got something lined up, it looks even worse if he doesn't do anything to waste time telling the media he's not doing anything).

I don't mind it as long as the questions actually are met with intelligent responses...and the questions themselves perhaps provide insight into the current market.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What's it feel like to see your plan coming into focus?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I don't mind it as long as the questions actually are met with intelligent responses...and the questions themselves perhaps provide insight into the current market.

I'm hesitant to think it's anything but lip service. I'd rather hear nothing than hear, paraphrased, "It's hard to make moves, trading is hard. " It's his job to make it work, and talking to the media during a prime date to be working seems like a fool's errand. Even if he doesn't get a deal done, we can at least pretend he was working the night before.

Just my two cents.

Unless he's announcing a trade (maybe Vrbata is joining the team when he gets in? not advocating the trade, just saying why address the media now?), this conversation/press conference could easily be had tomorrow.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
1) What long time conventional wisdom hockey tactic/belief do you think needs to be scrapped?

2) Do you enjoy the roses and candy that DKH sends you every week? : )

Just kidding Dan

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Given that you appear to want to develop the prospects and aim for the future, which prospects do you feel are ready to make a transition to the NHL and fight for a job next year?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Which prospects do you receive the most calls for?

Do you have full authority to make trades or does Cam Neely have to approve of any trades?

Have you been given the vote of confidence from ownership if you miss the playoffs for the third year in a row?

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Question I'd love someone to ask:

Q: "Mr. Sweeney, can you comment on whether it is difficult to deal with the outside pressure to make a trade for the sake of making a trade, when you are beginning to see the fruits of your labor in terms of restocking the prospect pool and reinvigorating the team's style of play."

A: "It's not difficult at all...I just stay off HF Boards and ignore the "experts" Tweets"

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
If you're planning on an acquisition, do recent moves and/team play change whether you are looking to get someone now, or at the draft/offseason/free agency?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad