Questions about the Tank

theotis77

Jul 25, 2005
So, I haven't been to a Sharks game in several years, but I'm hoping to go to the Detroit game on Thursday

1. Is the best/cheapest place to park still the garage on San Pedro? Do you still have to park there before a certain time to get in free?

2. What has the availability of tickets been on game day lately? I'm sure with it being Detroit, there's not a very good chance of getting in on the same day, but I HATE paying Ticketmaster's scam fees, and would prefer to purchase at the ticket office.

3. Do the scalpers still hang out under the overpass on Santa Clara, where the trumpet guy used to be?

jwhitesj

Oct 9, 2006
Downtown San Jose
I can't answer the questions about tickets. Regarding parking, I like to park at the Bascom light Rail station on South West Expressway. The parking there is free and you only have to pay for the train ticket. I think you have to pay for parking in the downtown garages even after 6 pm now.

Thepainter

Feb 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
So, I haven't been to a Sharks game in several years, but I'm hoping to go to the Detroit game on Thursday

1. Is the best/cheapest place to park still the garage on San Pedro? Do you still have to park there before a certain time to get in free?

2. What has the availability of tickets been on game day lately? I'm sure with it being Detroit, there's not a very good chance of getting in on the same day, but I HATE paying Ticketmaster's scam fees, and would prefer to purchase at the ticket office.

3. Do the scalpers still hang out under the overpass on Santa Clara, where the trumpet guy used to be?

1. Parking is still cheap there... About $7.

2. Not sure about this

3. There are scalpers all along Santa Clara... From downtown to the tank.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sharks (and all NHL teams) are required to hold back ~200 tickets for visiting team, NHL/NHLPA, etc. They also hold back tickets for group sales, new STH, etc.

The last of those reserved/held back tickets are released game day @10am. If there's a long enough line, wrist bands are passed out ~8:30. "First" number is announced ~9:30 (so just because you were first does not mean you'll be able to be first to purchase tickets).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad