Question to all Edmontonians

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
My birthday is coming soon (March 13th) and I was thinking about celebrating it on Saturday March 16th as it is GSP's fight night. What I am looking for is a bar with TVs (preferable big) that will show the game. I'd prefer bars on the West side but anything would pretty much work. I've tried Schanks on West but they don't accept reservations on UFC nights.
Any suggestions ?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
My birthday is coming soon (March 13th) and I was thinking about celebrating it on Saturday March 16th as it is GSP's fight night. What I am looking for is a bar with TVs (preferable big) that will show the game. I'd prefer bars on the West side but anything would pretty much work. I've tried Schanks on West but they don't accept reservations on UFC nights.
Any suggestions ?

Chucky Cheeses.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Any suggestions ?

happy early birthday--I will be spending my 42nd birthday march 18th starting at the moulin rouge in paris and ending at a lovely brothel a few blocks away

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
happy early birthday--I will be spending my 42nd birthday march 18th starting at the moulin rouge in paris and ending at a lovely brothel a few blocks away

Make sure and go to the Embassy Club. Little hole in the wall I went to about 25 years ago, and was the most amazing nightclub I've ever seen. Hope it's still there. Everything from singers, to cabaret, to comedians, to mimes to acrobats to magicians and everything else in between. Left at 3:00 a.m., and the lady master of ceremonies said the show was "just beginning". Wow.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Make sure and go to the Embassy Club. Little hole in the wall I went to about 25 years ago, and was the most amazing nightclub I've ever seen. Hope it's still there. Everything from singers, to cabaret, to comedians, to mimes to acrobats to magicians and everything else in between. Left at 3:00 a.m., and the lady master of ceremonies said the show was "just beginning". Wow.

if it is the club I am thinking about it is now a Jazz club, my brother plays there every other week (he lives in Paris) There is a hole on the wall around the corner from the Rouge where it does not open till 2am and closes at about 8am

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
if it is the club I am thinking about it is now a Jazz club, my brother plays there every other week (he lives in Paris) There is a hole on the wall around the corner from the Rouge where it does not open till 2am and closes at about 8am

That might be it. Make sure it's the right hole in the wall though.;)

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Transit Hotel is always good for fights. They get some extras on the card there.

Sorry to derail a bit but one day.. one day I'm going to get the courage to go in there.

As someone who lived in Belvedere and drove by that place almost every day for most of my life. I loved the signs.

Gerbil races!.. I'm waiting for them to bring back the Gerbil races.. that's it.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Sorry to derail a bit but one day.. one day I'm going to get the courage to go in there.

As someone who lived in Belvedere and drove by that place almost every day for most of my life. I loved the signs.

Gerbil races!.. I'm waiting for them to bring back the Gerbil races.. that's it.

It's a complete dump, they should tear the building down IMO. Attracts some real winners there as well as far as clientele goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad