Question regarding Markov/Subban pairing

tdecheno

Aug 18, 2006
I remember on TSN 690 a couple weeks ago someone had mentioned that the team started struggling just as Therrien split the duo up, but dont remeber the exact win/loss record....figured I'd ask on here since so many of your are into stats and such, anyone know this, or some kind of estimated guess?? :)

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I remember on TSN 690 a couple weeks ago someone had mentioned that the team started struggling just as Therrien split the duo up, but dont remeber the exact win/loss record....figured I'd ask on here since so many of your are into stats and such, anyone know this, or some kind of estimated guess?? :)

The slide began the instant Therrien changed the game plan to be a grinding team with a dump and chase mentality instead of speed in transition and puck possession.

The fact is, teams dont' win without puck possession and dump and chase teams have size that can recover the puck and possess it on the boards in the offensive zone. MTL cannot do this and really had little to do with splitting up Markov-Subban besides the fact that they were one of th ebest pairings in the NHL at the time and now Markov is struggling and worn out from having to play with an inferior player.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
What's even more infuriating is Therrien splitting them up again after ONE game, against Pittsburgh in which none of our defensemen were very good.

Let them find their groove again and put Emelin back on the left. And BRING BACK DIAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad