Question on first round draft order???

Status
Not open for further replies.

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
OK, the order of the first 17 picks is set, with NYI, NSH and STL all eliminated.

After that:

(1) Is the cup winner still seeded 30th?

(2) Is the Cup finalist seeded 29th (I thought I read this might be a change, not sure if it was put in place for this year)?

(3) Are the division winners still seeded 25-30th(or 24-29th or 23-28th depending on if either/both of the aformentioned 2 rules are in place, and also depending on which 2 teams make the Cup final)?

Thanks for any help!!!

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
OK, I did some more digging, and eventually answered my own question unless the NHL has changed the rules from last year unbeknownest to me.

- Cup winner seeded 30th

- last year the finalist wasn't seeded 29th, no idea if that is changing for this year, I'd assume not since I haven't heard anything about it.

- division winners are seeded 25-30, or 24-29th, depending on who wins the Cup.

Thus the draft order is:

1.Washington*
2.Pittsburgh*
3.Chicago*
4.Columbus*
5.Phoenix*
6.NYR*
7.Florida*
8.Carolina*
9.Anaheim*
10-Atlanta*
11.Los Angeles*
12.Minnesota*
13.Buffalo*
14.Edmonton*
15.NYI*
16.Nashville*
17.St.Louis*
18.Montreal
19.Calgary
20.Dallas
21.Colorado
22.New Jersey
23.Ottawa
24.NYR(from TOR)

division winners:

25.Edmonton(from PHI)
26.Vancouver
27.Washington(from BOS)
28.San Jose
29.Tampa Bay
30.Washington(from DET)

DAL, NJD, VAN, WASH - thru BOS, and OTT will pick no worse than where they currentely are in the first round, and could move up assuming a team below them in the final standings wins the Cup.

* = confirmed, barring future trades

MrMackey

Aug 7, 2003
cgy
Visit site
speeds said:
OK, I did some more digging, and eventually answered my own question unless the NHL has changed the rules from last year unbeknownest to me.

- Cup winner seeded 30th

- last year the finalist wasn't seeded 29th, no idea if that is changing for this year, I'd assume not since I haven't heard anything about it.

Thus the draft order is:

division winners:

25.Edmonton(from PHI)
26.Vancouver
27.Washington(from BOS)
28.San Jose
29.Tampa Bay
30.Washington(from DET)

DAL, NJD, VAN, WASH - thru BOS, and OTT will pick no worse than where they currentely are in the first round, and could move up assuming a team below them in the final standings wins the Cup.

* = confirmed, barring future trades
Thanks speeds for clearing this up.

In almost every mock draft I've seen so far, its had Philly's pick (traded to Edmonton) in the 23rd or 24th spot, however it looks like the only way they'd pick at 24 is if Calgary, Colorado or Montreal wins it all (unlikely IMHO), and there's no way they'll pick 23rd.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I know you were just talking about the first round, but for anyone who's still unclear:

speeds said:
Cup winner seeded 30th

This also applies for all subsequent rounds.

speeds said:

This only applies to the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad