Speculation: Question from CBJ fan

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
So?

Don't you wish we had a few guys who would do that to the other team?

Don't you wish we had a few guys who would make the other team so mad that they'd try to kill those rats and focus less on trolling Sid and Geno?

hating Hartnell doesn't mean we wouldn't want him on our team. In fact, the more I dislike a player, the more I probably want them on our team. Sport fandom doesn't need to be logical.

**** Fartsmell

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Every fan hates effective players that aren't on their team. This is amplified when that player is on a rival team. It's the same irrational hate that everyone has for Crosby.

Sports Fans 101. This is day 1 stuff here.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I love to hate him because he does the most ridiculous kind of penalties, beyond just being a Flyer.

Throws glove at puck, biting, ect...

I'll be the first to say I do not want him near this team. It was fun to be able to laugh at him without it hurting my team.

I'll note, that he, like practically all NHL players, is one of the nice guys away from the game. But on the ice sometimes I feel he's dumber than a rock. He might have gotten a lot better on that front, though. Don't really pay attention to him as much anymore.

Owtahear

Jun 4, 2014
Cause we are soff...like no other. And Hartnell is not soff. Also, are players say dey care, dey don't care. Hartnell cares.

ZapRowsdower13

Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
Mar 2, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
^ This and everything else you've seen here. On ice 'DIE YOU GINGER. Stop cheap shotting/diving/being you!' Off ice 'what a cool dude. Does a lot for charities, hasn't murdered Jeff Carter over the rumor of Hartnells ex-wife and JC and sent his condolences to a Pens fan family when the fan passed away.'

Think you guys won this trade, unless Hamburgler turns into a 40 goal scorer or the pick turns out to be a real good player.

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
Hated him as a Flyer, would love him anywhere else. I'm glad he got traded, I think he'll bring the right kind of energy to that CBJ squad.

Penguinzilla*

He acts like a clown and gets more attention than he deserves.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
why does pitt hate hartnell so much? does it add to the "rivalry" (if you can call it that)

I don't hate Hartnell... except for the time he tried to eat Kris Letang's finger.

http://www.hockeydrunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/hartnell_letang.jpg
(image link won't post but worth a copy/paste)

Aside from that incident though, he was a just a good villain. I would not put him in the same hate category as losers like Sean Avery or thugs Trevor Gillies (guys who do or say things that truly warrant hate and a desire to get them off the ice).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad