Speculation: Question from CBJ fan

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
He's just one of those players that you hate on the other team but would love to have on your team. He is a trash talker, stirs things up, drives the other teams players and fans crazy with his antics at times.

penguins2946*

I really like him, and I was glad he was traded to Columbus. The BJs are my 2nd favorite team, so I'm glad he's there now.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
He's annoying to play against and played for our biggest rival. But we don't have a rivalry with Columbus and Hartnell doesn't create one.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
He is an instigator. The fact the fanbase doesn't like him means he does his job well. I'd take him here without a moments hesitation.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He's just one of those players that you hate on the other team but would love to have on your team. He is a trash talker, stirs things up, drives the other teams players and fans crazy with his antics at times.

Yeah, he reminds me of Kasparitis. I hated that ****** when he played on the Isles. Second he became a Penguin however . . .

It's how I feel about every team's rats who can play. Hate them. Would love them as Penguins, because I know what they could do as Penguins against other teams and I know how what they do takes the other team's attention away from targeting Sid and Geno (see Ruutu, Jarkko and Cooke, Old Version Matt).

Columbus adding Hartnell definitely will help build the budding rivalry. :laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He does a lot of stupid, inflammatory stuff, like deliberately running Fleury after a missed penalty shot.

Also scores against us pretty consistently.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He bit Letang and taunted a fan (or rather, retaliated to fan taunting)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He bit Letang and taunted a fan (or rather, retaliated to fan taunting)

So?

Don't you wish we had a few guys who would do that to the other team?

Don't you wish we had a few guys who would make the other team so mad that they'd try to kill those rats and focus less on trolling Sid and Geno?

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Hartnell will help CBJ next season against the pens, Hartnell has the ability to get under the skin of the pens and get them off there game.

Having both Hartnell and Dubisnky playing against the pens should make the pitt/cbj game more entertaining and much more of a rivalry.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hartnell will help CBJ next season against the pens, Hartnell has the ability to get under the skin of the pens and get them off there game.

Having both Hartnell and Dubisnky playing against the pens should make the pitt/cbj game more entertaining and much more of a rivalry.

****, I forgot about Dubinsky. :laugh:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
why does pitt hate hartnell so much? does it add to the "rivalry" (if you can call it that)

Because he was an antagonist that played for the Flyers.

Would have loved to have been able to turn back the clock and sign him out of UFA in Nashville.

Make sense?

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
he's awesome! yet i hate him :rant:

it will probably add to the rivalry but for me, it still will be at worst a love to hate unlike philly who i just plain don't like

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Bring reminded of Dubinsky just made this trade almost horrifying atleast for the old undisciplined pens. Will they be different? Will now Duby and Hartnell tag team Sid still with no retaliation?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
God could come down to earth, prove undoubtedly that he exists, and greet us all with a message of love and good will, and if he donned a Flyer jersey I might have to give Satan a try.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
why does pitt hate hartnell so much? does it add to the "rivalry" (if you can call it that)

It's more to do with the team he played for and the fact that it some how enhances a player's idiocy. Players that leave, don't seem to carry that edge with them, but apparently Todd Richards thinks it's a good thing that he hates the Pens or something, I had no idea there was now a rivalry.

I've lost count with the rivals this team has at this point.

I mean...Boston? Detroit? Ottawa? Caps? Philly? Islanders? Rangers? now Jackets?

Lol

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Foligno, Hartnell and Dubinsky are three guys that seem to elevate their games against the Penguins. They could also form a line and throw them off, but with a new coach, I wonder if that ends.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Would love to have him as a Pen. Wanted him here since his days in Nashville.

You guys are lucky. Great team player. Scores dirty goals. Bites players on the opposing team. Taunts other team's fans.

What more could you ask for?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad