Question for Penguins fans....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
from an oiler fan. via a discussion we had on our boards one scenario was set up that the oilers get the 1st overall pick in the draft and make that pick along with Taylor Hall available in a package. One poster suggested that package would get you any player in the league even Crosby and that the Penguins would make that trade very quickly.

What say you all?

Would you trade Sydney Crosby for Taylor Hall and the 1st overall pick in this draft?

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
from an oiler fan. via a discussion we had on our boards one scenario was set up that the oilers get the 1st overall pick in the draft and make that pick along with Taylor Hall available in a package. One poster suggested that package would get you any player in the league even Crosby and that the Penguins would make that trade very quickly.

What say you all?

Would you trade Sydney Crosby for Taylor Hall and the 1st overall pick in this draft?

No. McDavid isn't a guarantee. We know what we are getting with Sid and Geno for the next 8-10 years. We will suck again, eventually, and get another star of some capacity.

I think the Pens management declines simply because Crosby makes more money than either of them will for the team. I think the value MAY be close, but still probably not there.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

What say you all?

I would, yes. But you'd have to figure out a way to involve Montreal, because that's the only team he'd probably accept a trade to.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Thanks gents, response are what I thought they would be. The other poster was adamant that the Pens would jump all over that deal, he already had McDavid penciled in as a 100 point plus a year player from day one.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Yes because of value, not need. The Pens want to win now, so keeping McDavid isn't going to happen.

I would turn around and trade McDavid for a 2C+top6 winger like Giroux+Simmonds and keep Hall

Perron-Malkin-Hornqvist
Simmonds-Giroux-Hall

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

What say you all?

No. And it's Sidney.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'd consider the trade based on value, but Sid isn't going to waive for Edmonton so it wouldn't happen.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Sid would never waive his NMC to go to Edmonton, so everything is rendered moot.

The value isn't bad, though. If Sid were to be traded it would have to have a potential generational player like McDavid coming back alongside a legit star player.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Thanks gents, response are what I thought they would be. The other poster was adamant that the Pens would jump all over that deal, he already had McDavid penciled in as a 100 point plus a year player from day one.

There's never any gaurantees that a player will end up like Crosby, people need to understand that.

Seguin was supposed to dethrone him.
Stamkos was supposed to dethrone him - He's a 100pt player, probably closest to being near the tier that Sid & Geno are in.
Tavares was supposed to dethrone him.
Even Duchene...

Then there was that hilarious thread about MacKinnon where people on the Avs projected him to have a longer and better career than Crosby, on their projection, Mack should be a 100pt player this year and next.

People sometimes forget how good Crosby is, even in 3-4yrs, I still would not make that deal.

Sid's a Penguin lifer. It's like when Mario was in his later years before his last retirement comeback, the Pens would have never traded him even if they could have had the biggest bounty ever received for a player via trade that would have made the Lindros trade pale in comparison.

Guys like Sid, they mean more to the team than people understand, even our fans apparently.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
There's never any gaurantees that a player will end up like Crosby, people need to understand that.

Stamkos was supposed to dethrone him - He's a 100pt player, probably closest to being near the tier that Sid & Geno are in.
Even Duchene...

Then there was that hilarious thread about MacKinnon where people on the Avs projected him to have a longer and better career than Crosby, on their projection, Mack should be a 100pt player this year and next.

People sometimes forget how good Crosby is, even in 3-4yrs, I still would not make that deal.

Sid's a Penguin lifer. It's like when Mario was in his later years before his last retirement comeback, the Pens would have never traded him even if they could have had the biggest bounty ever received for a player via trade that would have made the Lindros trade pale in comparison.

Guys like Sid, they mean more to the team than people understand, even our fans apparently.

Technically, Petr Prucha did in 2005...:sarcasm: Or was is Marek Svatos?

Malkin for Hall+McDavid...I would legitimately have to think about. I would have to consider who is in desparate need of McDavid and go from there. Theirs nothing on the Sabres, Hurricanes, etc that would interest me. The teams who have guys worth McDavid aren't trading them for McDavid. They will keep them.

Perron-Sid-Hornqvist
Hall-McDavid-Wing

would be pretty darn good. Like I said...I would have to think on it.

Sid is Pittsburgh. Sid IS the Penguins. So no.

Xavier Laflamme*

You may find a few fans that would possibly consider such a deal, however management would never do it. The marketing, advertising, money that Sid brings to a team is unbelievable. That in itself is reason enough to never trade him. Forget the fact, that even in this season's "down year" for Sid, it's still a career year for almost any other NHL player.

Sid still has arguably another 6 to 10 seasons where he's going to be one of the most effective players in the NHL. Could McDavid grow into the best player in the NHL? Absolutely. Is it a risk taking that chance though? Absolutely. Taylor Hall isn't enough to offset that either.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Even Duchene...

I have literally never heard anyone say that Seguin or Duchene were supposed to dethrone Crosby. Where do you get this stuff from?

Other than that weirdness, I agree. Value wise it is palatable, but Sid means far too much to the Penguins and the city to ever be traded.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Why not?Mcdavid has better size than Crosby.

You mean 2 inches taller and 20 pounds lighter? Sid is probably in the top 5 strongest players in the entire league. He's a brick ****house. McDavid is great and all but he's way to skinny. Needs to put on major muscle. He can make fancy moves around people but he doesn't seem to be that great when people get the body on him like Sid is.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
mcdavid is for real. the kid has a real (albeit not particularly huge) chance at being better than prime crosby. i dont think that was true for any player since sid. the size difference could also allow mcdavid to do things sid just isnt capable of and make him more durable. pretty much every knock against mcdavid was said about sid before he was drafted also.

some players have "it". sid and mcdavid both do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad