Question for my fellow Kings fans

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I promised myself that when the season ended, I would do a painting of Jonathan Quick since I'm a watercolor artist. The season lasted a lot longer than expected, but now I'm ready to do this.

My stuff isn't really traditional, more like a collage of pictures that define the player I'm painting. But there's just a few things I'm wondering before I start.

- Up until this year, Kings had purple on their jerseys. Just wondering if people were a fan of this or if I should stick with the black and white? Do you prefer the old or new jerseys?

- If anyone would like to suggest any images of Quick that you really like or you think defines his personality, feel free to post them here. I can't incorporate all of them but I'll probably pick a few to work with.

As soon as I'm finished I'll post it here. Thanks for your help :)

EDIT:

Finally finished this. This summer has been a pain in the butt for me outside the Kings win. I hope you guys like it :)

quickkl.jpg

I'm probably gonna send this to Quick since my friend knows John Stevens pretty well.

Last edited:

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
I love the Purple and Gold. But, if I had to choose between the new ones or purple and black... it would be the new ones.

I can't post pictures right now, but I will when I can.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Someone has it as their avatar on here, but it's a picture of Quick standing in net,. taken from behind, with his arms raised as the horn sounds to end Game 6 in the Stanley Cup Finals. I always liked that one.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Someone has it as their avatar on here, but it's a picture of Quick standing in net,. taken from behind, with his arms raised as the horn sounds to end Game 6 in the Stanley Cup Finals. I always liked that one.

This one maybe?
d07d6__620-quick-5-stories-hands-up.jpg

Also, I'm looking for a high resolution picture with Quick in his stance like this:
jonathan_quick_2012_04_15.jpg

I'm looking for one around desktop wallpaper size, though like around 2000 pixels. So if anyone has a quality image like that, that would be really helpful.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
I have no specific suggestions. But I would like to see it when you are finished. My Dad is a heck of an artists and as a teenager he painted Rogie Vachon in watercolours and it looks amazing.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I have no specific suggestions. But I would like to see it when you are finished. My Dad is a heck of an artists and as a teenager he painted Rogie Vachon in watercolours and it looks amazing.

Yeah, I will definitely post it when I finish it. My grandfather had great artistic talent, but unfortunately, his parents never encouraged it. I hope your dad still paints. Glad to hear he worked with watercolors too cause not enough artists use them and they are my favorite.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Yeah, I will definitely post it when I finish it. My grandfather had great artistic talent, but unfortunately, his parents never encouraged it. I hope your dad still paints. Glad to hear he worked with watercolors too cause not enough artists use them and they are my favorite.

He does a bit, but mostly draws. He is fantastic too. But now that he is retired he might get back into it. He loves goalie masks and has tons of drawings he's done of masks and a picture of the goalie. Patrick Roy in Montreal and Eddie Belfour in Chicago are two I remember him doing.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
This one maybe?
d07d6__620-quick-5-stories-hands-up.jpg

That's basically it. The one I was thinking of I think actually has Drew nearby (like at the faceoff dot or something) so I know it's not this picture, but something very similar. I think it's just a different look to a goalie, not your traditional puck save picture and it captures a moment in which you can sense joy, excitement and sheer dominance.

I'm tired of seeing shots of goalies just making saves. It's why my favorite goalie painting/picture is the one of Gary Cheevers, readying himself for a shot with his stitches mask on.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Finally finished this. This summer has been a pain in the butt for me outside the Kings win. I hope you guys like it :)

quickkl.jpg

I'm probably gonna send this to Quick since my friend knows John Stevens pretty well.

Jebus

That boulder?
May 29, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
For your next project you should do a scarf-adorned cat wielding a magnum 44 while riding a fire-breathing unicorn. Oh yeah, and put a rainbow in the background.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
I think the black and silver jerseys are what he'll be remembered in now. The whole taem in fact. The purple/black/silver era wasn't a good one overall. Here's two images of Quick I love:

quickcloseup.jpg

quick.jpg

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Thanks a lot guys! I'm glad you all like it. It took a long time. Hopefully Quick will like it, too.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I'm not sure what happened to the painting I did of Quick but I figured I'd put this one here too. Just finished this one. Picture quality isn't the greatest, but whatever. I really enjoyed painting this one.

i3qt.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad