Question for cord cutters, how do you watch the Kings and the NHL Network.?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I had enough of dtv charging me for channels I don;t watch. Looking for ideas for which service offers these channels as well as others. I;m looking for local LA channels, 2,4,5,7,9 11, 13, plus the pbs stations, as well as stations like TCM. I'd also like to have a dvr with the service. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Can’t help I’m afraid but have the same question for the UK… it’s basically impossible as apparently they need to blackout games here in the UK too. Not sure why.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
One afternoon
Not really a cloudy day outside
Hector was taking a walk
One great jacket he was wearing
Cheerful shirt
Khakis that fit
Electric shoes on the feet
Yes, he looked swanky
Dot was his girlfriends name
Tactful in all ways
Very, very dashing

I don't know how to tell you how to watch Kings hockey though.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Tough time to answer this since we don't know where the Kings games are gonna be next season

The NHL network is usually in the sports tier, so one has to upgrade to watch it.

For savings , I like Sling. It has just enough of what me and my lady watch

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
YouTube TV has been pretty great so far but still had to do the VPN/ESPN + move to watch the Kings.

No NHL Network but you'll realize it is useless and you probably won't miss it. Outside of the WJC, you'll be set if you have ESPN + since you get every out of market game.

Fingers crossed that the Kings wind up being on the majority of services again post-Ballys.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I get ESPN+ as part of my wireless package with Verizon, but any game that is blacked out I stream from third parties like most do now. I used to pay for Center Ice and NHL TV, etc. but I literally miss like 60% of the games to blackout. I would 100% pay for a high-quality stream to watch Kings games, but I got to get every game. Sure, I can VPN, but I would only really use it for that purpose and am not gonna go through the hassle. Sooner or later the cable deals will crack and the online services will be available without blackout restrictions, but until then that is how I do it.

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
I recently dropped Spectrum (well over $200/mo) and got Hulu+ Live TV with ads. I got the very tail end of the season plus playoffs. All of that was good. With replays & DVR baked in. I can't speak to any blackouts, considering the short time I've had it. But so far I've been happy with it.

There are hundreds of for pay (pirated) iptv services that have every channel under the sun. All you need is a fire TV or android box. I think you can use Apple TV also but I'm not familiar with apple products.

I've not paid for cable since 2015. I'm not good with tech but my motivation to save money lead me down a rabbit hole and now I've got a robust set up watch any sporting event and virtually anything on TV. If you want help, PM me. I do recommend a VPN but nto sure why that would be a road block for anyone. I got a three year subscription to nordvpn for $99. You download and app, log in and click "connect". You can then have it set so that it's always running in the background. It requires no work or maintenance.

Reactions: SirJW

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
went with the Sling, blue plan . A bit different than what I'm used to, but to save 150 a month , I'll get by. I'll figure out the Kings when hockey season rolls around.

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Wife bought us a box from some dude ina Mercedes in Glendale for 400$ now we get everything you could possibly watch ona tv across the globe. Went with a T-Mobile 5g hotspot internet router that we take between Utah and California for 40$ a month. Never been happier. We can take both in the RV when we are o. The road as well and stream anywhere there is T-Mobile cell signal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad