Question about Zibanejad?

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Hello all,

I don't what this to be superfluous but I have been worried about this for quite sometime and I thought now was a good time to ask just so I can get it out of my head. Last season I am sure everyone remembers Zbad scored the golden goal and gave us huge hope for the future. But after that transpired he got a confirmed concussion and was rumored to of had a second. But what I am asking is should I be worrying about Zibanejad due to these issues and due to the fact he had other problems this year including dental issues that kept him out for a month? I am just worried that all these injuries, and say he gets another concussion which would be his 3rd in less than a year would be very severe and could cause permanent damage to his head.

Once you get a concussion you damage brain tissue and I am worried that could affect him long term. So do i have anything to worry about or am I just stressing myself out? And was it 2 concussions last year or just the one?

Thankyou

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Hello all,

I don't what this to be superfluous but I have been worried about this for quite sometime and I thought now was a good time to ask just so I can get it out of my head. Last season I am sure everyone remembers Zbad scored the golden goal and gave us huge hope for the future. But after that transpired he got a confirmed concussion and was rumored to of had a second. But what I am asking is should I be worrying about Zibanejad due to these issues and due to the fact he had other problems this year including dental issues that kept him out for a month? I am just worried that all these injuries, and say he gets another concussion which would be his 3rd in less than a year would be very severe and could cause permanent damage to his head.

Once you get a concussion you damage brain tissue and I am worried that could affect him long term. So do i have anything to worry about or am I just stressing myself out? And was it 2 concussions last year or just the one?

Thankyou

According to someone on here he suffered the same thing as Crosby.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
According to him it was a problem in the neck and not concussions.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Hello all,

Thankyou

I'm pretty sure that the consensus on these forums was that "dental issues" was just code for concussion issues.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So it could be career threatening??

AFAIK, the "career threatening" issue with Crosby was that he was mis-diagnosed in the first place. The actual injury itself wasn't as problematic as the fact that they had diagnosed something else entirely, and weren't treating the injury properly.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
For those doubting the issues with his wisdom teeth, take a look at pictures of Mika during the first few days of being called up.

Weeks later he still had brusing in his cheeks/jaw line.

John Holmes*

If Zibanejad keeps playing like he has been, I'll eat a big old plate of crow.

Milan the God*

My thoughts (may not be completely accurate but this is what I think):

He came back from the WJC and suffered a concussion. I hadn't heard of the neck injury so I may be wrong here. But remember he was brought in for practice at the end of the year in Ottawa and he practiced with Binghamton and got another concussion (I believe). Then earlier in the year he was out for quite a while which seemed like they were hiding a concussion.

Again, no one on here knows for sure. That's what I think. I'm a little worried, but not extremely because we don't know for sure what happened.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa

He came back from the WJC and suffered a concussion. I hadn't heard of the neck injury so I may be wrong here. But remember he was brought in for practice at the end of the year in Ottawa and he practiced with Binghamton and got another concussion (I believe). Then earlier in the year he was out for quite a while which seemed like they were hiding a concussion.

Again, no one on here knows for sure. That's what I think. I'm a little worried, but not extremely because we don't know for sure what happened.

He didn't have a concussion this year.

He had emergency dental surgery because his teeth were impacting. (causing headaches and dizzy spells, which could be confused for concussion symptoms.)

He then had complications with the recovery (much like what happened with my wife when she had her surgery), in addition to getting sick right after.

Also, BM said he was miss diagnosed in the first place last year.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Hakuna Matata

Best part about Zibanejad was we went from wondering where he was to him suddenly returning to the AHL then NHL.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

I've not actually heard anything either just from someone on this board. So not sure if true.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
Club's don't seem to cover up concussion's as much or at all any more. Typically very open this year about them. I think someone's looking for something that isn't there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad