Question about the Oilers' cap situation

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021
Hey, I'm a Leaf fan, so I don't know the situation intimately, but I'm a huge McDavid fan, so I like to see the Oilers win when they're not playing the Leafs. Is there any concern about the Oilers' cap room for next year? Just, given there's a good chance for solid raises for Pulj and Yamo, and there's a question in net, and you've got Nurse's raise coming into effect. I sorta think the top-6 forwards and a bunch of rocks could still probably be a contender, so it can't be *that* worrying, but it looks to me like there's a chance they may need to find someone to take a guy like Kassian or Ceci or someone, even taking Klefbom off the 2022-23 cap number. Am I missing something?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Probably, it happens to all teams with high end players you have to pay, the Oilers are just lucky they have the 2 highest end forwards in the world, so it kinda balances out

Reactions: zodiacbiller

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Sounds like a problem for next year, for now you worry about getting the Cup

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Hey, I'm a Leaf fan, so I don't know the situation intimately, but I'm a huge McDavid fan, so I like to see the Oilers win when they're not playing the Leafs. Is there any concern about the Oilers' cap room for next year? Just, given there's a good chance for solid raises for Pulj and Yamo, and there's a question in net, and you've got Nurse's raise coming into effect. I sorta think the top-6 forwards and a bunch of rocks could still probably be a contender, so it can't be *that* worrying, but it looks to me like there's a chance they may need to find someone to take a guy like Kassian or Ceci or someone, even taking Klefbom off the 2022-23 cap number. Am I missing something?

I am not getting into--this board really hates when I talk cap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad