Question about Management

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Hello Flames fans, I am a Senators fan coming in piece!! I have a question about your management team and how it has handled this roster over the past several years. From my standpoint I do pay attention to all 7 Canadian Teams very closely and it sucks that most of them like the Jets, Flames, Leafs etc are all going through rebuild's even the Senators are but we have fast tracked with it and look like we could be a playoff team.

Anyways I have question about Feaster, Is it him who has wanted all of this to transpire? And when I say this, not being utter about a rebuild when this team to me clearly still needs one and needs to ship out alot of your older players, Like Iggy, Kipper, Tanguay, Jay Bo etc and stockpile as many picks as possible. When ever I see Jay on TV all he says is we want to win now and a rebuild isn't necessary! He has been saying that for the last 3 years and it has resulted in getting players like Jay Bows, Wideman, Hudler, Stempniak etc. And look how the results have turned out, no playoff appearances, then he does the same thing over and over like a carousel. Not even thinking about a rebuild

To me it seems all Feaster emphasizes is free agency and older players. I have not heard him once in my life talk about youth. And even the players don't like to here the word rebuild. When Iginla was asked about it he said if they blow it up her will ask for a trade. I really don't understand that. Or is your owner Murray Edwards advocating all of the instructs to Feaster. And Hartly obviously just has to coach what he is given. But All I am saying is i don't understand the direction of this team and what they are trying to prove? Could you guys please help me come to correspondence with what Flames Nation is doing. Thanks

And how do you guys react or cope with what your management and ownership is doing, are you complacent, mad, neutral??

I'd like to know since there has been alot of talk of the Flames over here in Southern Ontario

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I could go into an in depth answer, but I'm too lazy to, considering how many times I've had to because this subject always comes up. So to keep it short, the team has gotten significantly younger under Feaster, replacing guys like Conroy, Langkow, Regehr, etc with guys like Butler, Comeau, Stempniak, Hudler, Wideman, Cervenka etc. Not to mention the young guys who are in our lineup and contributing now that he had a part in with Baertschi and Horak. He has managed to make our team faster, younger, more skilled, gave us a new coach (helped rid us of the Sutter clan), and stocked our cupboards with solid prospects through a new scouting staff all while taking on extreme heat and constant insults from a majority of NHL fans. Feaster has won championships at every level he's managed, he's competent, and I'm fine with the path he is trying to take this team on. This was all without mentioning the solid contracts he got for some of our top guys in Giordano and Tanguay.

And fyi, he wasn't in the orginization when Bouw was signed, last year was his first full year as gm, and he HAS emphasized youth and skill. At one point last year the flames had more rookies in the lineup than the Oilers.

Last edited:

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
I could go into an in depth answer, but I'm too lazy to, considering how many times I've had to because this subject always comes up. So to keep it short, the team has gotten significantly younger under Feaster, replacing guys like Conroy, Langkow, Regehr, etc with guys like Butler, Comeau, Stempniak, Hudler, Wideman, Cervenka etc. Not to mention the young guys who are in our lineup and contributing now that he had a part in with Baertschi and Horak. He has managed to make our team faster, younger, more skilled, gave us a new coach (helped rid us of the Sutter clan), and stocked our cupboards with solid prospects through a new scouting staff all while taking on extreme heat and constant insults from a majority of NHL fans. Feaster has won championships at every level he's managed, he's competent, and I'm fine with the path he is trying to take this team on. This was all without mentioning the solid contracts he got for some of our top guys in Giordano and Tanguay.

And fyi, he wasn't in the orginization when Bouw was signed, last year was his first full year as gm, and he HAS emphasized youth and skill. At one point last year the flames had more rookies in the lineup than the Oilers.

Pretty much this. Criticizing Feaster is fine by me but if the arguments given are not even factually correct (signing JayBo, making the team older, poor drafting) then it's hard to take very seriously. The Flames' prospect pool is MONUMENTALLY better than what it was three years ago. Just look it up. The one thing he has not done is to deliberately make the team a bottom feeder by trading away our best players.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I was unsure of Feaster due to his draft record in Tampa but sofar haven't done anything for me tonthink negatively really. He's been doing fine sofar with the hand he was dealt. Might not make a cup winner here but at least it's looking better.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hello Flames fans, I am a Senators fan coming in piece!! I have a question about your management team and how it has handled this roster over the past several years. From my standpoint I do pay attention to all 7 Canadian Teams very closely and it sucks that most of them like the Jets, Flames, Leafs etc are all going through rebuild's even the Senators are but we have fast tracked with it and look like we could be a playoff team.

Anyways I have question about Feaster, Is it him who has wanted all of this to transpire? And when I say this, not being utter about a rebuild when this team to me clearly still needs one and needs to ship out alot of your older players, Like Iggy, Kipper, Tanguay, Jay Bo etc and stockpile as many picks as possible. When ever I see Jay on TV all he says is we want to win now and a rebuild isn't necessary! He has been saying that for the last 3 years and it has resulted in getting players like Jay Bows, Wideman, Hudler, Stempniak etc. And look how the results have turned out, no playoff appearances, then he does the same thing over and over like a carousel. Not even thinking about a rebuild

To me it seems all Feaster emphasizes is free agency and older players. I have not heard him once in my life talk about youth. And even the players don't like to here the word rebuild. When Iginla was asked about it he said if they blow it up her will ask for a trade. I really don't understand that. Or is your owner Murray Edwards advocating all of the instructs to Feaster. And Hartly obviously just has to coach what he is given. But All I am saying is i don't understand the direction of this team and what they are trying to prove? Could you guys please help me come to correspondence with what Flames Nation is doing. Thanks

And how do you guys react or cope with what your management and ownership is doing, are you complacent, mad, neutral??

I'd like to know since there has been alot of talk of the Flames over here in Southern Ontario
I can sum it up pretty easily.

The franchise from the ownership down does not want to suffer the embarrassment of being so bad they 'earn' a top 5 pick. The mandate is to remain competitive while building from within, which they appear to be doing if the last few drafts continue to pan out. While being a loser is acceptable for some other franchises, it is not here.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
When Iginla was asked about it he said if they blow it up her will ask for a trade. I really don't understand that.
Not sure where you're getting your information from, but this statement is incorrect.

No, what Iginla said is that he would consider waiving his no trade clause if he's asked to do so (and he hasn't), to do what's best for the team/franchise. In no sense has he stated or even implied that he will ever ask for a trade under any circumstance.

Pacem

Mar 6, 2009
Langley
I am not a fan of Feaster at all. The moves he has made while he has been GM have not made me change my mind. Overall I don't think he is a good GM. I dislike him so much that he would have to have a lot of success in order to make me change my opinion on him.

I will give him credit for his recent drafts. He has done better then I expected. Initial reviews of his draft record with Calgary have been very positive, that can change of course, as prospects might not pan out as well as originally thought.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Not sure where you're getting your information from, but this statement is incorrect.

No, what Iginla said is that he would consider waiving his no trade clause if he's asked to do so (and he hasn't), to do what's best for the team/franchise. In no sense has he stated or even implied that he will ever ask for a trade under any circumstance.

Iginla did say last year he would not be inclined to stick around for a blow it up style rebuild.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Iginla did say last year he would not be inclined to stick around for a blow it up style rebuild.

Link? I recall hearing what Stewie had remembered, he said if they blew up and asked him to waive, he would.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
He didn't say he would ask for a trade if the Flames rebuilt in an Oilers-like fashion, but he implied he didn't want to stick around.

April 7th, 2012
Question: Are you open minded to that discussion or that conversation, open to exploring… ?

I don't know the direction, do I want to rebuild? Are we going to fully rebuild? I don't know that I [want] to. I think Calgary is a very good organization, they treat us all well as players. There is a lot of good things going, you see some of the young guys this year, it has been a big positive.

There is guys who are pushing for a spot... and they are going to be good players… Do I want to fully rebuild, I'd be lying to you if I said that I do. But at the same time the organization has to do what they want to do. I have no idea what is going to happen. ~ Jarome Iginla - April 7th, 2012

Source 1 Source 2

April 15, 2010
Jarome Iginla says he would consider waiving his no-trade clause should the Calgary Flames ask him to consider changing teams.
"If they don't want me here and they want to move in a direction or rebuild or believed they could do better, I would look at it," the Calgary Flames captain said Wednesday as the players packed up their belongings at the Pengrowth Saddledome. "Absolutely. You want to play where you're wanted and have people believe in you."

Source

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad