Question about Hronek

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
I think Filip is done with GR & won't play in the Calder Cup Playoffs, he's done enough (similar to what they did with Bert recently)... Does anyone else agree? My guess is if selected he will play for the Czech Republic in the World Championships.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He was sent down as a paper transaction at the TDL specifically to play in the Grand Rapids playoffs. He's going to go down for the last 3 GRG games and the playoffs.

Reactions: Oddbob

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
He was sent down as a paper transaction at the TDL specifically to play in the Grand Rapids playoffs. He's going to go down for the last 3 GRG games and the playoffs.
Didn’t they do that with Bertuzzi too but decided not to have him play in the playoffs? I could be wrong though lol

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
They could re-evaluate, however for now I assume barring him picking up a knock in these last three games he is going to go down.

Playing top pairing minutes on a deep Calder run is more important. If they are knocked out of the playoffs he can go then like he did last year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Didn’t they do that with Bertuzzi too but decided not to have him play in the playoffs? I could be wrong though lol

Bert had missed a lot of time in the previous off-seasons due to injury, he also was the reigning AHL Playoff MVP. They decided he was better off resting up to get 100% and getting into immediate training.

I.E. for this option to be similar they would be telling Hronek who likely has a knock or two as most guys do but not probably significant, alright go home rest up for this month and get aggressive in May in the gym. That wouldn't involve the World Championships either if that was really the Bert plan.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Bert had missed a lot of time in the previous off-seasons due to injury, he also was the reigning AHL Playoff MVP. They decided he was better off resting up to get 100% and getting into immediate training.

I.E. for this option to be similar they would be telling Hronek who likely has a knock or two as most guys do but not probably significant, alright go home rest up for this month and get aggressive in May in the gym. That wouldn't involve the World Championships either if that was really the Bert plan.
Oh ok that makes sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad