question about going to game

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Hi,
Going to be in Vegas for my 10 year wedding anniversary. Timing in perfect as the Hawks will be in town for a Friday afternoon game.

Looking to get tickets. Just a quick question about the arena. How are the views from the first few rows on the 200 level compared to the views from the back half of the lower bowl? Looks like the difference in price on the secondary market is about $100-$115 per ticket. Is that worth it or are the views from the 200 level good enough to not warrant spending the extra cash?

Thanks!

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
The views are fantastic pretty much anywhere. That would only be an issue if you got standing room only or Hyde Lounge tickets. For the price difference I would definitely go with the 200's. They'll get you back on alcohol and food.

Reactions: shakes the clown

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
The views are fantastic pretty much anywhere. That would only be an issue if you got standing room only or Hyde Lounge tickets. For the price difference I would definitely go with the 200's. They'll get you back on alcohol and food.
thanks! I ended up going with Section 225, Row A. $253 per seat. Could've saved about $100 if I went back a few rows, but figured what they heck, lets just go for row A and not have to worry about anything in front of us.

Exciting way to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. It was 16 years ago that we met and for our 3rd date we saw Kane and Toews play their first game for the Hawks. Going full circle and seeing Bedard's Vegas debut 16 years later.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
here's a really ignorant question. For the life of me I can't figure out what time the game starts locally on 10/27.

Am I crazy or just too stupid to tell time in that I think the game starts at 3:00 local time???

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
here's a really ignorant question. For the life of me I can't figure out what time the game starts locally on 10/27.

Am I crazy or just too stupid to tell time in that I think the game starts at 3:00 local time???
It's Nevada Day (observed). They always do a matinee game that Friday, as if working stiffs actually had it off.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
It's Nevada Day (observed). They always do a matinee game that Friday, as if working stiffs actually had it off.
never mind. Went to Vegas website and they let you pick the time zone the schedule is listed in. SO game starts at 3:00 local time. That's a great start time for a tourist like me. Afternoon at the game and then it ends perfect timing for dinner and then I'll have the whole night to enjoy Vegas.

FYI, here are the restaurants we're thinking of hitting up in Vegas.

Border Grill for dinner night 1.

Goodwich for lunch day 2

Best Friend for dinner after the hockey game

Day 3 we are celebrating our anniversary. Thinking about Ocean Prime.

That's all I got so far. Any suggestions? It's overwhelming how many good/great restaurants there are in Vegas.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
never mind. Went to Vegas website and they let you pick the time zone the schedule is listed in. SO game starts at 3:00 local time. That's a great start time for a tourist like me. Afternoon at the game and then it ends perfect timing for dinner and then I'll have the whole night to enjoy Vegas.

Goodwich for lunch day 2

That's all I got so far. Any suggestions? It's overwhelming how many good/great restaurants there are in Vegas.
Never eaten at Border Grill, but I walk by it to every aces game, and it always seems busy and lively.

Also consider STK for your anniversary. Great food, great vibe, overpriced so you really feel like you are investing in an anniversary celebration!

EMcx2

Dec 11, 2021

Goodwich for lunch day 2

That is a good list of restaurants....

Just want to make sure you know The Goodwich is not in a pretty part of the Strip. Coincidently, I just saw a video from the Walgreens 1 block south... the Walgreens and the 7eleven on the opposite side of the street play music loud to try to keep the urban campers away.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
That is a good list of restaurants....

Just want to make sure you know The Goodwich is not in a pretty part of the Strip. Coincidently, I just saw a video from the Walgreens 1 block south... the Walgreens and the 7eleven on the opposite side of the street play music loud to try to keep the urban campers away.
yea it looks like Goodwich is off the strip in the downtown area. But damn does the food there look amazing. Will probably cab/uber it there and maybe combine it with checking out downtown area. Never been to Freemont Street before. Looks like Goodwich is a couple blocks from Pawn Stars. Maybe will check that out as well.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Looks like we are gonna hit up Yardbird for our last dinner which will be sunday night before we go see Cirque Du Solei O. Place looks really good.

I like our lineup of dinners:
Best Friend
Border Grill
Ocean Prime
Yardbird

And hitting up Goodwich for lunch one day.

EMcx2

Dec 11, 2021
Looks like we are gonna hit up Yardbird for our last dinner which will be sunday night before we go see Cirque Du Solei O. Place looks really good.

I like our lineup of dinners:
Best Friend
Border Grill
Ocean Prime
Yardbird

And hitting up Goodwich for lunch one day.

Great list- Vegas is a Foodie paradise if you got the bread.

A couple of ideas for you...

Since you are going to be in Bellagio check out the Conservatory- amazing what they can do with flowers.- free

Upscale food halls have come to Vegas- The Cosmo has some interesting little places. If you are toward the north end Resorts World has an interesting food hall.

Quite a few hidden bars in town... if it sounds interesting easy to find with google.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad